BBSRC Biowyddoniaeth y De-orllewin
Rhaglen hyfforddiant PhD yn y biowyddorau a ariennir gan BBSRC yw Partneriaeth Hyfforddiant Doethurol Biowyddorau'r De-orllewin (SWVio DTP). Fe'i cyflwynir gan gonsortiwm sy'n cynnwys Prifysgolion Bryste (yn arwain), Caerfaddon, Caerdydd a Chaerwysg a Rothamsted Research.
The South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership provides training in cutting edge world-class bioscience research skills, underpinned by training in numerical and systems-based approaches.
The SWBio DTP differs from most other bioscience doctoral training schemes in providing a hybrid scheme that combines the best of traditional project-focussed studies with a supporting but focussed taught first year with directed rotation projects.
The programme particularly aims to provide students with outstanding interdisciplinary research training within the following themes:
- Advancing the frontiers of bioscience discovery.
- Bioscience for sustainable agriculture and food.
- Bioscience for an integrated understanding of health.
- Importantly this research training is also underpinned by transformative technologies, allowing you to expand the boundaries of your research through innovative tools, technologies and approaches.
There are also opportunities to:
- Apply your research in an industrial setting through our projects with an industrial partner (DTP CASE studentships).
- Undertake research jointly with some of our core and collaborative partners (Standard DTP studentships with a collaborative partner).
- Some projects will also offer working with other national/international researchers, as well as fieldwork opportunities.
SWBio DTP studentships are funded by the BBSRC (Biotechnology and Biological Sciences Research Council). The partnership also includes the following collaborative partners; Marine Biological Association (MBA), Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML), Swansea University, UCB Pharma, University of the West of England (UWE) and SETsquared Bristol.
Mae'r sefydliadau hyn yn cynnig rhwydweithiau rhyngwladol, cenedlaethol a rhanbarthol sefydledig a rhagoriaeth ymchwil a gydnabyddir yn eang i gnewyllyn nodedig o fyfyrwyr a staff ymchwil biowyddoniaeth. A ninnau'n arweinwyr ymchwil, mae gennym enw da am hyrwyddo gwybodaeth drwy ymchwil ac addysgu o safon uchel mewn partneriaeth â diwydiant a'r Llywodraeth.
Rhagor o wybodaeth
Gallwch ymweld â'n gwefan DTP am rhagor o wybodaeth ac am sut i wneud cais.
Cysylltwch â ni i fynegi diddordeb mewn cael yr arian hwn a chael gwybod am ysgoloriaethau ymchwil eraill a gyhoeddir o dan y cynllun hwn.
About the SWBio DTP
The BBSRC-funded South West Biosciences Doctoral Training Partnership (SWBio DTP) is led by the University of Bristol, together with the Universities of Bath, Cardiff and Exeter, alongside Rothamsted Research. This partnership also includes the following associate partners; Marine Biological Association (MBA), Plymouth Marine Laboratory (PML), SETsquared Bristol, Swansea University, UCB Pharma, and University of the West of England (UWE).
These institutions represent a distinctive group of bioscience research staff and students, with established international, national and regional networks, and widely recognised research excellence. As research leaders, we have a strong track record in advancing knowledge through high-quality research and teaching, in partnership with industry and the government.