Llwybr at radd mewn newyddiaduraeth, y cyfryngau neu astudiaethau diwylliannol
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
The Pathway to Media is a flexible and affordable route onto a degree in the School of Journalism, Media and Culture.
Pathway to Journalism, Media and Culture
Have you always wanted to know more about the media? Are you intrigued by the impact of social media on our privacy, how news stories become headlines, or why films about the end of the world are so popular?
The Pathway to Media gives you the opportunity to ask these kinds of questions, and loads more besides, and will give you a thorough grounding in the skills that you’ll need to study a degree in media, journalism and culture at the University.
The Pathway leads directly into the three undergraduate degrees offered within the School of Journalism, Media and Culture at Cardiff, a school which has an international reputation for the quality of its research.
How it works
The Pathway to Media is made up of 60 credits in total. You can start with the core module, Introduction to Media, Journalism and Culture (20 credits). You will then study either 40 credits from the optional modules on the Pathway programme or 30 credits from the Pathway programme plus 10 credits from elsewhere in the Humanities programme (subject to approval from the Co-ordinating Lecturer in Humanities, Dr Michelle Deininger).
- There are no formal entry requirements.
- Our tutors understand the challenges that students can face when they are thinking about restarting their journey in education.
- Most of the Pathway courses are either held in the evenings or at weekends.
- You can study the Pathway at a pace that suits you.
- You will be fully supported to apply for a degree in the School of Journalism, Media and Culture when you are ready.
- If you don’t want to commit to the Pathway just yet or are simply interested in taking individual modules, you are still more than welcome to enrol.
- Introduction to Media, Journalism and Culture (20 credits)
These usually change every academic year. 2018/19 optional modules include:
- The Media and Me: Gender, Sexuality and Identity (10 credits)
- Propaganda and Persuasion (10 credits)
- The World of Cinema (10 credits)
- Zombie, Ray-Gun, Unicorn: Exploring Horror, Sci-Fi and Fantasy Films (10 credits)
- New Ways of Reading: Ideology and the Text (10 credits)
Under normal circumstances, you can expect to complete the pathway within one year, but you can take longer if needed.
If you have any queries or would like to find out more about this pathway please contact: