MSc Environmental Design of Buildings
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our MSc Environmental Design of Buildings aims to develop knowledge and expertise in the design of comfortable and healthy environments in and around buildings, regardless of climate, and with due regard to sustainable issues.
We offer local and distance learning options on this programme.
Supported by staff who are recognised internationally for their research in this area, it will provide you with the skills and knowledge to specialise in environmental design.
The course is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE) and meets the academic requirements for CEng professional registration. It is run locally, here in Cardiff, on a full or part-time basis. We also offer this programme on a distance learning basis over one, two or three years.
Students also have access to our impressive Sky dome facility, a construction which simulates external natural lighting conditions.
- Accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building Services Engineers (CIBSE), meeting the academic requirements for CEng professional registration.
- Available as a full-time or part-time course or through distance learning.
- An established course providing a practical grounding in the subject of sustainable design to built environment professionals since 1993.
- Based on internationally acclaimed research expertise within the Welsh School of Architecture, we have long-standing experience in designing, monitoring and consulting on sustainable buildings such as the carbon positive SOLCER House.
The distance learning mode of study is perfect for students from overseas, those who would like to remain in their home cities or continue to work during their studies. Studying via distance learning will offer you exactly the same quality of teaching and content as students on our local version of the course.
We are experienced practitioners of distance learning methods, having offered this course via distance learning for over 10 years. Your course team are always looking at new methods or technologies to improve the how you learn and improve your distance learning student experience.
We aim to create a real community amongst distance learners and local students on the course through technologies such as the e-portfolio tool Mahara, where all students can share and comment on each other’s work. All of the lectures and crits that take place locally in Cardiff are recorded through Blackboard Collaborate software so that distance learning and local students can repeat view lectures or review their crit performance.
How to apply
For more information on course content, structure, fees and how to apply, please visit our MSc Environmental Design of Buildings course information page.
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4430