Arloesi a Rheoli mewn Peirianneg Gweithgynhyrchu (MSc)
- Hyd: 1 flwyddyn
- Dull astudio: Amser llawn
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Pam astudio’r cwrs hwn
Nod y rhaglen MSc newydd hwn yw rhoi’r sgiliau i fyfyrwyr cymwys maen nhw eu hangen i gael eu cyflogi fel peirianwyr proffesiynol. Bydd y cwrs yn seiliedig ar arbenigedd ymchwil enwog cyfoes yn thema Mecaneg, Deunyddiau ac Uwch-weithgynhyrchu’r Ysgol.
This newly developed MSc programme aims to take well qualified students (typically those having a good bachelor's degree in Manufacturing Engineering or an equivalent qualification) and to equip them with the skills they need to be employed as professional engineers across a wide range of the Manufacturing Engineering industry.
More specifically, this MSc programme aims to equip you with:
- Advanced knowledge of topics in Manufacturing Engineering, and in associated engineering and scientific disciplines over a broad range of specialist subjects.
- Awareness of the context in which Manufacturing Engineering operates, in terms of safety, environmental, social and economic aspects.
- A wide range of intellectual, practical and transferable skills that will allow you to follow careers in research, industry and other professional areas of the economy.
- A systematic understanding of knowledge and a critical awareness of current problems and new insights which are at the forefront of Manufacturing Engineering.
The distinctive features of this programme include:
- The opportunity to learn within a vibrant research environment which has benefited from major strategic investment via directed SRIF funds of £2.4M into the Cardiff University Structural Performance (CUSP) laboratory, and collaborative industrial partnerships.
- The application of measurement techniques within the recently installed Renishaw Metrology Laboratory, part of a strategic partnership between the School and Renishaw.
- A close involvement with industry ensures that the research has both relevance and meaning, working with some of the world’s most renowned engineering companies.
- Significant inputs into teaching and project work will also be made by members of Cardiff Business School, providing the latest in business and management knowledge and skills.
- A programme which will be informed by up-to-date internationally renowned research expertise undertaken within the School’s Mechanics, Materials and Advanced Manufacturing research theme. These will include the modules in the subject areas of robotics, metrology, manufacturing, informatics, innovation and artificial intelligence/image processing.
Meini prawf derbyn
Typically, you will need to have either:
- a 2:2 honours degree in industrial, manufacturing, mechanical or production engineering, or an equivalent international degree
- or relevant industrial experience evidenced by a reference.
If you have relevant industrial experience we will give your application individual consideration.
English Language requirements:
IELTS with an overall score of 6.5 with 5.5 in all subskills, or an accepted equivalent.
We allocate places on a first-come, first-served basis, so we recommend you apply as early as possible.
We will review your application and if you meet the entry requirements, we will make you an offer.
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ofynion Iaith Saesneg.
Mae'n rhaid i ymgeiswyr sydd angen Fisa myfyriwr i astudio yn y DU gyflwyno cymhwyster iaith Saesneg derbyniol er mwyn bodloni gofynion UKVI (Fisâu a Mewnfudo y DU).
You are not required to complete a DBS (Disclosure Barring Service) check or provide a Certificate of Good Conduct to study this course.
If you are currently subject to any licence condition or monitoring restriction that could affect your ability to successfully complete your studies, you will be required to disclose your criminal record. Conditions include, but are not limited to:
- access to computers or devices that can store images
- use of internet and communication tools/devices
- freedom of movement, including the ability to travel to outside of the UK or to undertake a placement/studies outside of Cardiff University
- contact with people related to Cardiff University.
Strwythur y cwrs
This course is presented as a one-year, full time Masters level programme which will comprise two stages and give a total duration of one calendar year.
Stage 1 which will extend for two semesters and consist of predominantly taught modules and a case study as a forerunner to the research project and dissertation in the field of Manufacturing Engineering, Innovation, and Management to the value of 120 credits, and Stage 2, which consists of a Dissertation module worth 60 credits.
Mae'r modiwlau a ddangosir yn esiampl o'r cwricwlwm arferol. Byddant yn cael eu hadolygu cyn blwyddyn academaidd 2021/22. Bydd y modiwlau terfynol yn cael eu cyhoeddi erbyn mis Medi 2021.
|Teitl modiwl||Côd modiwl||Credydau|
|Operations Management||BST803||15 credydau|
|Lean and Operational Excellence||BST841||15 credydau|
|Manufacturing Engineering Innovation and Management Case Study||ENT605||30 credydau|
|Manufacturing Engineering Innovation and Management Project||ENT607||60 credydau|
|Teitl modiwl||Côd modiwl||Credydau|
|Measurement Systems||ENT604||10 credydau|
|Manufacturing Informatics||ENT608||10 credydau|
|Commercialising Innovation||ENT609||10 credydau|
|Artificial Intelligence||ENT633||10 credydau|
|Quality and Reliability||ENT635||10 credydau|
|Condition Monitoring, Systems Modelling and Forecasting||ENT726||10 credydau|
|Energy Management||ENT747||10 credydau|
|Advanced Robotics||ENT794||10 credydau|
Mae'r Brifysgol wedi ymrwymo i ddarparu amrywiaeth eang o opsiynau modiwl lle’n bosibl. Ond byddwch yn ymwybodol er y byddwn yn gwneud pob ymdrech i gynnig dewis, gall hyn gael ei gyfyngu mewn rhai amgylchiadau. Y rheswm am hyn yw'r ffaith mai dim ond nifer cyfyngedig o leoedd sydd ar gael ar rai modiwlau, a gaiff eu dyrannu ar sail y cyntaf i'r felin. Mae'n ofynnol i fodiwlau eraill sicrhau isafswm nifer o fyfyrwyr cyn gallu eu cynnal, er mwyn gwneud yn siŵr y gellir cyflwyno addysg o ansawdd priodol. Gall modiwlau gael eu cyfyngu oherwydd gwrthdaro yn yr amserlen hefyd, ac er bod y Brifysgol yn ymdrechu i amharu cyn lleied â phosibl ar eich dewis, byddai'n syniad da i chi ofyn am gyngor gan yr Ysgol berthnasol am y dewisiadau modiwl sydd ar gael.
Dysgu ac asesu
Sut y caf fy addysgu?
A wide range of teaching styles will be used to deliver the diverse material forming the curriculum of the programme, and you will be required to attend lectures and participate in examples classes.
A 10-credit module represents approximately 100 hours of study in total, which includes 24–36 hours of contact time with teaching staff. The remaining hours are intended to be for private study, coursework, revision and assessment. Therefore you are expected to spend a significant amount of time (typically 20 hours each week) studying independently.
At the dissertation stage, you will be allocated a supervisor in the relevant field of research whom you should expect to meet with regularly.
Learning Central, the Cardiff University virtual learning environment (VLE), will be used extensively to communicate, support lectures and provide general programme materials such as reading lists and module descriptions. It may also be used to provide self-testing assessment and give feedback.
Sut y caf fy asesu?
Achievement of learning outcomes in the classroom based modules is assessed by University examinations set in January and May/June. The balance between examination and coursework depends upon the modules selected, in addition to a triple module (30-credit) case study.
Award of an MSc requires successful completion of Stage 2, the Dissertation, with a mark of 50% or higher.
Candidates achieving a 70% average may be awarded a Distinction. Candidates achieving a 60% average may be awarded a Merit. Candidates failing to qualify for an MSc may be awarded a Postgraduate Diploma of Higher Education for 120 credits in Stage 1. Candidates failing to complete the 120 credits equired for Stage 1 may still be eligible for the award of a Postgraduate Certificate of Higher Education for the achievement of at least 60 credits.
Sut y caf fy nghefnogi?
You will be allocated a personal tutor to assist you with both academic progress and pastoral support when required. The personal tutor will meet with you early on in the programme, and as required thereafter.
You must keep your personal tutor, project supervisor and the Teaching Office informed of any circumstances or illnesses that might affect your capacity to attend teaching or undertake assessment.
In addition to the broad range of support services provided centrally by Cardiff University, students with specific needs will be supported as required.
You will receive written feedback for written coursework assignments, oral feedback for assessed presentations.
Pa sgiliau y byddaf yn eu hymarfer a’u datblygu?
You will practise and develop the following skills:
Knowledge and Understanding
- Understand theories, principles and concepts in the context of Manufacturing Engineering thus supporting the effective application of engineering science, mathematics and other disciplines needed for Manufacturing Engineering problem solving.
- Understand the limitations of current knowledge and technologies and the need to gain new knowledge through further study in responding to the changing nature of technologies and needs of siciety.
- Understand the role of Innovation in the context Manufacturing Engineering.
- Acquire management skills appropriate for a career in Manufacturing Engineering and/or research environment.
- Enable the critical analysis of information including current literature in support of the identification of gaps in information that may lead to innovations and developments in Manufacturing Engineering.
- Be aware of and be able to respond to the responsibilities professional engineers have to society.
- Use knowledge and scientific, evidence-based, methods in the assessment and solution of Manufacturing Engineering challenges, often on the basis of limited and possibly contradictory information.
- Deal with complex issues both systematically and creatively.
- Show originality in tackling both familiar and unfamiliar problems.
- Systematically undertake a significant research project in an area of Manufacturing Engineering Innovation and Management which includes originality in the application of knowledge.
- Collect, evaluate, synthesise and interpret qualitative and quantitative data in a variety of ways, and identify means to gain new data where needed.
- Conceive, plan, execute and communicate the results of an extended in-depth piece of individual project work.
- Sustain a critical argument, both in writing and through presentations.
- Use appropriate mathematical and experimental methods for the modelling and analysis of Manufacturing Engineering Innovation and Management problems.
- Successfully undertake a major project, taking account of constraints such as time, cost, health and safety as well as environmental issues.
- Manipulate, present and report data in a variety of ways.
- Manage resources and time.
- Communicate ideas, principles and theories effectively by oral, written, and physical or practical means.
- Generate a concise literature review.
- Make effective use of information technology and communications (ITC) tools.
- Work effectively in a group context towards achieving specific goals and targets.
- Understand the role of individual and team based project work in the context of professional Manufacturing Engineering.
- Develop project management skills appropriate for a career in engineering and an understanding of the application of these skills in a commercial and/or research environment.
Ffioedd dysgu ar gyfer dechrau astudio yn 2021
Myfyrwyr o'r DU
Myfyrwyr o'r UE, AEE a'r Swistir
Bydd gwladolion yr UE, yr AEE a'r Swistir sy'n dechrau yn 2020/21 yn talu'r un ffioedd dysgu â myfyrwyr y DU drwy gydol eu cwrs.
Os ydych chi'n wladolyn o'r UE/AEE neu'r Swistir, oni bai eich bod yn gymwys i gael statws ffioedd y DU, bydd ffioedd dysgu ar gyfer 2021/22 yn unol â'r ffioedd a godir ar fyfyrwyr rhyngwladol. Mae UKCISA wedi darparu gwybodaeth am Brexit a ffioedd dysgu.
Myfyrwyr o weddill y byd (rhyngwladol)
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ffioedd dysgu a blaendaliadau, gan gynnwys ar gyfer myfyrwyr rhan-amser a pharhaus.
Gallai cymorth ariannol fod ar gael ar gyfer unigolion sy'n bodloni rhai meini prawf. Cewch ragor o wybodaeth yn ein hadran arian. Dim ond hyn a hyn o gymorth ariannol y gall y ffynonellau hyn eu cynnig, felly ni allwn warantu y bydd pawb sy'n bodloni'r meini prawf yn cael arian.
A fydd angen unrhyw gyfarpar penodol arnaf I astudio’r cwrs hwn?
No specific equipment is needed for this course.
Rydym wedi ein lleoli yn un o ddinasoedd mwyaf fforddiadwy y DU. Rhagor o wybodaeth am gostau byw yng Nghaerdydd.
Employment opportunities for students undertaking the proposed programme will be largely with national and international companies in the manufacturing engineering sector.
You may wish to use the MSc platform to go on to study for a PhD which can lead to an industrial or academic career.
Data HESA: Hawlfraint yr Asiantaeth Ystadegau Addysg Uwch Cyfyngedig 2020. Ni all yr Asiantaeth Ystadegau Addysg Uwch Cyfyngedig dderbyn cyfrifoldeb am unrhyw gasgliadau neu benderfyniadau sy'n deillio o drydydd partïon o'i data. Daw’r data o Arolwg Hynt Graddedigion Diweddaraf 2017/18 a gyhoeddwyd gan HESA ym mis Mehefin 2020.