Skip to main content

Graduate Entry Scheme funding (Year 1)

There is no NHS funding available to first year students who have joined the A101 Graduate entry medicine programme via the following feeder routes:

  • BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences at the University of South Wales
  • BSc (Hons) Medical Sciences at Bangor University
  • BSc (Hons) Medical Pharmacology at Cardiff University
  • BSc (Hons) Biomedical Sciences at Cardiff University.

Tuition fees

For the first year of the Graduate entry scheme, you will have to self-fund the first £3,465 in fees. You can take out a Tuition Fee Loan to cover the remaining balance via your student finance service.

Help with living costs

Student loan

You will be eligible for the student loan but not the grant for maintenance. Your loan entitlement will depend on where you were living before the course and is based on a household income assessment.

Household incomeStudent Loan entitlement (Wales)
£18,370 or less£6,183 (Maximum)
£58,484 or more£4,637 (Minimum)
Household incomeStudent Loan entitlement (England)
£25,000 or less£8,200 (Maximum)
£62,180 or more£3,821 (Minimum)

Help with placement costs

Help with placement travel costs is not income assessed.  Help is based on the cost of a return journey from your term-time address to the placement LESS the cost of the return journey from your term-time address to Cardiff University.

Children and/or adult dependants

You can apply for income assessed extra allowances to help with family living costs and registered childcare costs.

Additional learning support needs

There is an option to apply for non-income assessed Disabled Students Allowance (DSA). Please contact the Disability and Dyslexia Team for more information.

Further advice

If you require further advice and information about the funding available, please contact:

Advice and Money Team

Press option 5 when calling.