Therapïau Gwybyddol ac Ymddygiadol (PgDip) Rhan-amser
Mae hon yn rhaglen hyfforddiant Therapïau Gwybyddol Ymddygiadol (CBT) wedi’i hachredu gan BABCP ar gyfer y rhai hynny sydd yn gweithio ym maes iechyd meddwl ar hyn o bryd. Mae'r rhaglen yn canolbwyntio ar gymwyseddau craidd gweithio gydag iselder a gorbryder.
This part-time Postgraduate Diploma course is for professionals working in mental health, such as mental health nurses, occupational therapists, psychiatrists, clinical psychologists, and social workers, and is designed to help you towards individual practitioner accreditation with the British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP).
It aims to provide high quality postgraduate training in Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies (CBT), and is accredited by the BABCP at Level 1. You will have to meet some further criteria, in addition to the course, for full practitioner accreditation.
The syllabus is based on the Roth & Pilling competency framework for CBT with anxiety disorders and depression, and the course focuses on CBT with adults, although we also welcome practitioners working with children and older adults.
You must be able to practise CBT in your work and have ongoing supervision from a supervisor or manager in your workplace. You will also need five hours’ supervision from a BABCP accredited practitioner.
Distinctive features of the course include:
- Accredited by British Association of Behavioural and Cognitive Psychotherapy (BABCP)
- Designed to help you towards individual practitioner accreditation with BABCP
- Currently the only CBT training programme in Wales accredited by the BABCP.
|Nifer Myfyrwyr newydd nesaf||Ionawr 2021|
|Ffyrdd eraill i astudio cwrs hwn|
Meini prawf derbyn
- A first degree (please see the 'entry requirements' document for exceptions)
- A core profession in mental health or KSA portfolio (please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for further details)
- Work (paid or unpaid) in the UK in which you can practise individual CBT with clients experiencing anxiety and depression
- A manager and a clinical supervisor (these may be the same person)
- A GCSE level English qualification
- Personal suitability
- Demonstrated interest and commitment to CBT.
All applicants must be student members of BABCP.
Applicants should apply for the postgraduate certificate (PgCert) in the first instance unless they hold a BABCP accredited CBT certificate from another institution.
Please note that you also need to complete the following three additional forms which you can find at the bottom of the page.
- Manager's Form
- Supervisor's Form
- Additional Questions.
Once you have completed these forms you need to upload them as Other information when you are completing the online application form
Potential students will be interviewed as part of the admissions process. Interviews are usually held in October.
Please note: Course intake for Cognitive and Behavioural Therapies is in January each year and the application deadline is in September before each intake.
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ofynion Iaith Saesneg.
27 September 2019
For the CBT training to be effective those undertaking it will need the support of their managers.
Mae'n rhaid i ymgeiswyr sydd angen fisa Haen 4 i astudio yn y DU gyflwyno cymhwyster iaith Saesneg derbyniol er mwyn bodloni gofynion UKVI (Fisâu a Mewnfudo y DU).
The Postgraduate Diploma (PgDip) consists of 14 specialist supervision sessions commencing in January.
Mae'r modiwlau a ddangosir yn esiampl o'r cwricwlwm arferol. Byddant yn cael eu hadolygu cyn blwyddyn academaidd 2020/21. Bydd y modiwlau terfynol yn cael eu cyhoeddi erbyn mis Medi 2020.
Sut y caf fy addysgu?
You will be taught in supervision sessions offered by BABCP-accredited practitioners and including live supervision using therapy recordings.
You will have online access to programme materials and resources via Learning Central and also have access to Cardiff University library facilities. We provide recording equipment for students on the diploma course.
Sut y caf fy nghefnogi?
You will have access to a personal tutor to oversee pastoral care, and there will be opportunities to consult with the teaching staff and to engage in discussion with visiting trainers.
A Programme Handbook will include detailed information about the programme of study including guidance on completing assessed work. The course outline, handbook and schedules of assessment will be available via the Cardiff University website, and you will have access to Cardiff University Library, a bench library of key text at the course base, and online resources via the Cardiff University website.
Sut y caf fy asesu?
- The course is assessed via a combination of written assignments and practical assessment
- The PG Cert is assessed by one essay and two case reports
- The PG Dip is assessed by a further case report and a rating of a recorded therapy session.
Pa sgiliau y byddaf yn eu hymarfer a’u datblygu?
By fully engaging with this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate critical understanding of the theoretical and research base for CBT through completing a Master’s level essay
- Develop disorder-specific competences in each of three areas: (i) depression, (ii) phobic anxiety disorders i.e. specific phobias, panic disorder, agoraphobia, social phobia (iii) diffuse anxiety disorders i.e. generalised anxiety disorder, health anxiety, post-traumatic stress disorder, obsessive-compulsive disorder
- Demonstrate CBT skills for specific disorders through completing an extended case report
- Evidence 100 hours of supervised clinical CBT practice.
- Evidence 84 hours of training from BABCP accredited practitioners
Graduates from the course will have evidence of skills in Cognitive Behavioural Therapies, recognised by the BABCP, which can be used in a number of employment fields.
Myfyrwyr y DU ac UE (2020/21)
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ffioedd dysgu a blaendaliadau, gan gynnwys ar gyfer myfyrwyr rhan-amser a pharhaus.
Bydd myfyrwyr yr UE sy'n dechrau yn 2019/20 yn talu'r un ffioedd dysgu â myfyrwyr y DU drwy gydol eu cyrsiau. Gallai ffioedd godi'n flynyddol yn unol â chwyddiant. Nid oes penderfyniadau wedi’u gwneud eto ynglŷn â ffioedd a benthyciadau i fyfyrwyr yr UE sy'n dechrau yn 2020/21. Caiff y rhain eu gwneud yn rhan o drafodaethau'r DU ynglŷn â’' haelodaeth o'r UE, a byddwn yn rhoi rhagor o fanylion i chi cyn gynted ag y bo modd.
Myfyrwyr tu allan i'r UE (2020/21)
Nid yw'r cwrs hwn yn derbyn myfyrwyr o du allan i'r DU/UE ar hyn o bryd.
A fydd angen unrhyw gyfarpar penodol arnaf I astudio’r cwrs hwn?
No specific equipment required.