Whether you are a new student or returning to your studies at the School of Chemistry, you will find all the information you need to start the new academic year.
You will need to complete online enrolment before you arrive in Cardiff.
Initial induction for year one
The initial induction event for year 1 will be held on Tuesday 28 September at 14:00 and 15:30 in the Large Chemistry Lecture Theatre. There will be two events, and you will be invited to attend one of them only. We will email you which session to attend in advance.
What induction will cover
- which tutorial group you are in and who your personal tutor is
- your timetable and handbooks for your year 1 programme
- the chance to discuss optional modules with staff and how to select these online. Please do not select your optional modules in advance of the induction event
- online student record access. You will be issued your online login details before coming to Cardiff. We will show you how to access resources and other important information on the intranet during this session
- other details such as lab safety equipment and suggested textbooks will be covered in week 1 in the Introduction to University Chemistry module with Dr Rourke.
Tuesday 28 September at 10:00, Beverton Lecture Theatre, Main Building
Dr Meenakshisundaram will deliver the enrolment session.
Other sessions being delivered that week related to this programme will be explained at this initial session.
You will be invited via your Cardiff University email addresses in due course.
Tuesday 28 September at 14:00 or 15:30, Large Chemistry Lecture Theatre
You will only need to attend one session.
You will be emailed in advance, via your Cardiff University email account, details of which session to attend.
Wednesday 29 September at 11:00
Dr Redman (Year tutor) will cover induction for year two and will also explain details of placements in industry and abroad.
Wednesday 29 September at midday
Dr Dervisi (Year tutor) will cover induction for students on year three of the course.
Thursday 30 September at 10:00, Large Chemistry Lecture Theatre
Dr Miller (Year tutor) and Dr Platts (Project committee lead) will address students on details surrounding their projects. The session will also include details of safety procedures and future training sessions on spectroscopic equipment for students undertaking synthetic projects.
Thursday, 30 September at 14:00, Small Chemistry Lecture Theatre
Dr Tatchell will invite students to attend for all MSc courses in Advanced Chemistry, Catalysis and Medicinal Chemistry.
Course leads will be present to discuss specifics on the course.
Get support from friendly, experienced students in your School.