Student Mentor Scheme
Your student mentor can help you to settle into student life. You may have lots of questions and feel a little overwhelmed when you join us. You’re not on your own – your student mentor, another student from your academic school, can offer you guidance and support.
What can your student mentor do for you?
Student mentors offer support on academic and non-academic matters. They can:
- answer your questions about the university and your academic school
- introduce you to other students from your course
- tell you all about the Students’ Union, places to go, things to do, where to eat and shop, and how to enjoy being a Cardiff University student
- guide you on how to use the various IT platforms we use at Cardiff University
- offer you tips on using the library and how to approach your coursework and exams
- guide you on the support you can access – everything from registering with a GP, to accessing the university’s wellbeing and support services, to getting involved in student life
- answer the questions you really want to ask
How to get a student mentor
Keep an eye on your Cardiff University email inbox when you arrive and we'll tell you more about connecting with your mentor.