Your digital and IT resources
Last updated: 19/09/2023 11:53
After enrolling, you’ll have access to a range of digital resources, IT applications, software and support while you’re studying here.
You will also have access to:
- the Microsoft 365 suite of applications (including Teams and the Office suite of applications) free of charge
- a Zoom account that you can use for both university and personal calls
- the university wireless network, eduroam
- anti-virus software
- the student app and student intranet
- the Welsh language grammar and spell checker Cysgliad
- printers and bookable PCs
- the university Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- digital applications including SIMS online, Learning Central (our virtual learning environment), LibrarySearch, and MATLAB
- 24/7 over-the-phone IT help and support (some requests may not be resolvable on weekdays between 17:00 and 08:00, during weekends and bank holidays).
Virtual learning environment
All courses have a unique area on our virtual learning environment, Learning Central. You access it via the web and depending on your course you’ll find things to read, watch and do online. You’ll also submit the majority of your assignments online and get marks and feedback here too.
The Panopto service enables the recording of lectures and other learning activities. The recordings are then shared online through Learning Central, and can be viewed online or through a mobile app. Reviewing the recordings can be especially useful around exam and assessment time.
When you’ve enrolled, you’ll be able to access the student intranet, where you'll find the latest news and events on campus, access all the tools, applications, resources, services and benefits available to you, and find out more about university buildings, facilities and teams. You will also have access to free anti-virus software.
You can complete online enrolment 3 weeks before you start.