Deintyddiaeth Glinigol (Prosthodonteg) (MClinDent)
- Hyd: 3 blynedd
- Dull astudio: Amser llawn
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Pam astudio’r cwrs hwn
Designed to aid in developing evidence based practice and develop advanced clinical skills to enable you to become a mono-specialist in Endodontology or fixed and removable Prosthodontics.
The MClinDent (Prosthodontics) course is a full-time three year specialist training programme. It has been designed to enhance student life-long learning skills, aid in developing evidence-based practice, develop advanced clinical skills to enable you to become a mono-specialist in Prosthodontics, and facilitate further career development.
You will study 10 taught modules as well as a dissertation module based on your own research project.
By fully engaging in this course, you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an unbiased, systematic and critical appraisal of contemporary knowledge, and an awareness of current problems and/or new insights, many of which are informed by the latest advances in Restorative Dentistry.
- Be capable of critical analysis, evaluation and synthesis of new and complex ideas in Restorative Dentistry often in the absence of complete data, be able to communicate ideas and conclusions clearly and effectively to other specialist colleagues and non-specialist audiences, and engage in critical dialogue about clinical management in Restorative Dentistry.
- Read, understand and critically appraise relevant scientific and clinical literature.
- Formulate a hypothesis, plan and implement an appropriate project to test the hypothesis and report the findings of the project in the appropriate format.
- Evaluate psychological aspects relevant to restorative dentistry.
- Execute simple and complex treatment procedures.
- Collaborate in multidisciplinary teams and treatment of compromised patients, such as cleft lip and palate and tooth anomalies, such as hypodontia.
- Understand the relevance of underlying social, dental and medical factors that may influence the uptake compliance and outcome of treatment.
- Be familiar with all aspects of clinical governance (clinical, corporate, research) and conduct of professional care.
The course will prepare you to take the Membership in Restorative Dentistry of the Royal College of Surgeons of Edinburgh – MRDRCS(Ed) – at the end of the programme.
Meini prawf derbyn
Candidates must satisfy the requirements of Cardiff University General Entrance Requirement and, in addition:
- Hold a primary dental qualification (BDS/DDS or equivalent) plus additional postgraduate clinical experience.
- Have a minimum of two years’ clinical experience post qualification.
- Meet Cardiff and Vale NHS Trust requirements to hold an Honorary Clinical Contract (Occupational Health clearance including Exposure Prone Procedures (EPP) and Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) clearance (Enhanced).
Selection to the Programme is through written application, meeting above entry criteria, receipt of two references (one must be academic, one must be clinical), and success at informal interview.
On acceptance of a place a non-refundable deposit will be required.
PLEASE NOTE: This course is currently only available to International students
English language requirements: The English language requirement for this programme is set by the regulatory body, the General Dental Council (GDC). In line with GDC guidelines, acceptable English language evidence includes:
- IELTS 7.0 with 6.5 in each subskill no more than 2 years prior to the start of the programme, or
- Evidence of a primary dental qualification that has been taught and examined in English achieved no more than 2 years prior to the start of the programme, or
- Evidence of a pass in a language test for registration with a regulatory authority in a country where the first language is English 2 years prior to the start of the programme, Or
- Evidence of 2 years’ experience of practising in a country where the first language is English.
If you provide evidence other than those listed above, they must meet the criteria we have set out by the GDC i.e. the evidence must be robust, recent and readily verifiable by the GDC.
Selection process: interviews will be undertaken on a first come first served basis throughout the application period and offers made to suitable candidates.
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ofynion Iaith Saesneg.
Mae'n rhaid i ymgeiswyr sydd angen fisa Haen 4 i astudio yn y DU gyflwyno cymhwyster iaith Saesneg derbyniol er mwyn bodloni gofynion UKVI (Fisâu a Mewnfudo y DU).
Nid yw'n ofynnol i chi gwblhau gwiriad DBS (Gwasanaeth Gwahardd Datgelu) na darparu Tystysgrif Ymddygiad Da i astudio'r cwrs hwn.
Os ydych chi'n destun unrhyw amod trwydded neu gyfyngiad monitro ar hyn o bryd a allai effeithio ar eich gallu i gwblhau'ch astudiaethau yn llwyddiannus, bydd gofyn i chi ddatgelu'ch cofnod troseddol. Mae'r amodau'n cynnwys, ond heb fod yn gyfyngedig i:
- mynediad at gyfrifiaduron neu ddyfeisiau sy'n gallu storio delweddau
- defnyddio offer / dyfeisiau rhyngrwyd a chyfathrebu
- rhyddid i symud
- cyswllt â phobl sy'n gysylltiedig â Phrifysgol Caerdydd.
Strwythur y cwrs
This is a three-year full-time modular course. Years one and two consist of four 30-credit modules per year with the final year consisting of two 30-credit modules and a dissertation module of 60 credits.
Mae'r modiwlau a ddangosir yn esiampl o'r cwricwlwm arferol. Byddant yn cael eu hadolygu cyn blwyddyn academaidd 2020/21. Bydd y modiwlau terfynol yn cael eu cyhoeddi erbyn mis Medi 2020.
Year one involves four 30-credit modules.
|Teitl modiwl||Côd modiwl||Credydau|
|Research Methods||DET031||30 credydau|
|Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Prosthodontics||DET037||30 credydau|
|Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Periodontics||DET038||30 credydau|
|Foundation to Restorative Dentistry with Emphasis on Endodontics||DET039||30 credydau|
Year two involves four 30-credit modules.
Year three involves two 30-credit modules and a 60-credit dissertation module.
Mae'r Brifysgol wedi ymrwymo i ddarparu amrywiaeth eang o opsiynau modiwl lle’n bosibl. Ond byddwch yn ymwybodol er y byddwn yn gwneud pob ymdrech i gynnig dewis, gall hyn gael ei gyfyngu mewn rhai amgylchiadau. Y rheswm am hyn yw'r ffaith mai dim ond nifer cyfyngedig o leoedd sydd ar gael ar rai modiwlau, a gaiff eu dyrannu ar sail y cyntaf i'r felin. Mae'n ofynnol i fodiwlau eraill sicrhau isafswm nifer o fyfyrwyr cyn gallu eu cynnal, er mwyn gwneud yn siŵr y gellir cyflwyno addysg o ansawdd priodol. Gall modiwlau gael eu cyfyngu oherwydd gwrthdaro yn yr amserlen hefyd, ac er bod y Brifysgol yn ymdrechu i amharu cyn lleied â phosibl ar eich dewis, byddai'n syniad da i chi ofyn am gyngor gan yr Ysgol berthnasol am y dewisiadau modiwl sydd ar gael.
Dysgu ac asesu
Sut y caf fy addysgu?
A diverse range of teaching and learning styles are used throughout the MClinDent. You will attend lectures, and participate in seminars, tutorials, and a clinical attachment. All taught modules are compulsory, and you will also undertake a laboratory-based or clinical research project and independent study to enable you to complete your dissertation. You will be given a list of laboratory, clinical and/or library-based project titles which will form the basis of the final dissertation. Project topics are generally related to the scientific/clinical areas of interest of members of staff, and you will have individual supervision.
Sut y caf fy asesu?
There are ten taught modules within the course which are assessed through the following in-course assessments over three years together with the dissertation module:
- Extended essays
- Clinical Assessments
- Oral presentations
- Short Answer Questions
- Statistical assignments
- Library and information skills assignments
- Dissertation (not more than 20,000 words)
Sut y caf fy nghefnogi?
All modules make extensive use of Cardiff University’s Virtual Learning Environment (VLE), Learning Central, on which you will find course materials and links to related materials. You will be supervised when undertaking your dissertation, and will have the opportunity for regular meetings with your supervisor to discuss progress, provide advice and guidance, and give written feedback on a draft.
Opportunities to reflect on your abilities and performance are made available through the Learning Central ‘Personal Development Planning’ module and through scheduled meetings with personal tutors.
You will receive written feedback on all assessments, in addition to oral feedback on assessed oral presentations.
Pa sgiliau y byddaf yn eu hymarfer a’u datblygu?
By fully engaging in this course, you should be able to:
- Develop and use appropriate systematic search strategies that incorporate a variety of electronic databases and other information sources.
- Define appropriate outcome measures and data requirements for specific research designs.
- Demonstrate the ability to set up, enter and manipulate data sets relevant to your area of interest.
- Analyse simple quantitative datasets using appropriate statistical methods.
- Evaluate the main research methods used in Restorative Dentistry and justify their use in relevant research literature.
- Contrast the likely quality and reliability of data collected using various methods.
- Critically appraise research papers and draw appropriate conclusions.
- Integrate knowledge and understanding of research methods to plan and design research proposals.
- Synthesise evidence from a variety of sources to develop a deeper appreciation of evidence-based clinical Restorative Dentistry.
- Use health informatics and information technology as a means of communication and data collection and analysis and for self-directed learning.
- Acquire, analyse, process and communicate information in a scientific, critical and effective manner to solve problems and guide clinical decision making.
Myfyrwyr y DU ac UE (2020/21)
Nid yw'r cwrs hwn yn derbyn myfyrwyr o'r DU/UE ar hyn o bryd.
Myfyrwyr tu allan i'r UE (2020/21)
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ffioedd dysgu a blaendaliadau, gan gynnwys ar gyfer myfyrwyr rhan-amser a pharhaus.
Gallai cymorth ariannol fod ar gael ar gyfer unigolion sy'n bodloni rhai meini prawf. Cewch ragor o wybodaeth yn ein hadran arian. Dim ond hyn a hyn o gymorth ariannol y gall y ffynonellau hyn eu cynnig, felly ni allwn warantu y bydd pawb sy'n bodloni'r meini prawf yn cael arian.
A fydd angen unrhyw gyfarpar penodol arnaf I astudio’r cwrs hwn?
We will supply any equipment required.
On successful completion of the course, you should have the opportunity to pursue a career as a specialist in Prosthodontics.