Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Abacws is bringing together the School of Computer Science and Informatics and the School of Mathematics into one world-leading facility.
The 10,000sq m building will pioneer a way of working for Cardiff University which embodies collaboration and shared vision while retaining the distinct identities of the two Schools.
Due for completion in Autumn 2021, ready to welcome a new cohort of students at the start of the academic year, the building is situated on Senghennydd Road next to Cathays railway station. The site was previously used as a University car park.
The single six-storey building has been designed in collaboration with students and academic staff to create interdisciplinary, flexible and creative workspaces, with innovative teaching areas being a key feature.
Key features and facilities
- Flexible lecture theatres and seminar rooms with innovative layouts to encourage interaction.
- Dedicated spaces for student project work.
- Computer labs designed to enable group work as well as classes and individual study.
- Spaces open to our industrial partners to enable excellent engagement opportunities for our students.
- Makerspace and IT workshop to support practical computer science projects.
- New simulated Trading Room for financial mathematics*Cybersecurity lab for teaching and research.
- Cost: £39m
- Architect: Stride Treglown with Adjaye Associates
- Contractor: ISG
- Work due to be completed: September 2021