Addysg Feddygol (MSc)
Mae’r Dystysgrif Ôl-raddedig, y Diploma a’r MSc mewn Addysg Feddygol yn gwrs e-ddysgu, sy’n cynnig ffordd o adeiladu credyd astudio drwy gwrs tri cham, cynyddol ar-lein.
The MSc in Medical Education programme is committed to promoting excellence in learning and teaching for health professionals. This distance learning programme is delivered entirely online and has been established since 2008. This innovative programme is for all medical, dental and other health professionals who aim to professionalise the role of the clinician as teacher.
This part-time distance learning programme leads to the award of an MSc in Medical Education.
It recognises the diverse, complex and challenging contexts of both those new to educator roles and responsibilities and those with considerable years of experience. The overall aim of the course is to develop a community of educators committed to promote improvements in both ‘what’ and ‘how’ we teach future healthcare professionals.
The course is highly practical and aims to model best practice in learning and teaching and draws upon a wide range of innovative approaches to learner support and development. The MSc year follows on from the Postgraduate Certificate year and Postgraduate Diploma year which are organised into a series of modules that involve interactive activities delivered within an online environment. These activities are conducted within groups, each one being facilitated by an online tutor. This affords an opportunity to explore the module topic through discussion and clarification of understanding and also gives the opportunity and time to apply new learning through the online discussions, tasks, wikis and assignments. Through this there is ample time to reflect on own practise and to share experiences and new insights with colleagues. This is a truly interactive programme.
A comprehensive menu of online modules will allow you to contribute to critical dialogues that promote deeper insights into educational theory and principles applied to clinical practice.
The programme is accredited by the Higher Education Academy, conferring Fellowship of the Higher Education Academy upon successful completion of the first year of the programme (Postgraduate Certificate in Medical Education) and evidence of engagement with the UK Professional Standards Framework (UKPSF). The programme is also aligned to the Academy of Medical Educators professional standards enabling you to apply for recognition of the Academy of Medical Educators.
- Application of theory, concepts and principles to your clinical educational setting.
- Development of future educational leaders.
- Course members from diverse backgrounds to promote understanding and sharing of good practise.
- Higher Education Academy Accreditation providing a direct route to Fellowship of the Academy.
- Academy of Medical Educators Accreditation.
- Support from an academic team of dedicated educationalists, active in professional associations who have a breadth of experience both nationally and internationally.
- Course design and delivery emphasising principles and application through interactive discussion and activities in an online environment.
- A personal tutoring system to help define learning needs and aid reflection.
- Many years of experience of running medical educational courses in the UK and Internationally.
- Positioned within the School of Medicine we are well placed to support the education and training of clinicians and clinical educators.
- Assessment tasks linked to own educational practise.
|Nifer Myfyrwyr newydd nesaf||Medi 2019|
|Ffurf||Part-Time - Distance Learning|
|Ffyrdd eraill i astudio cwrs hwn|
Meini prawf derbyn
In addition to fulfilling the University entrance requirements for study at Postgraduate level; you will need to demonstrate your interest/involvement in learning and teaching in health care contexts.
Successful completion of both the Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma stages of the programme is a prerequisite for the MSc stage.
The course is suitable for all health professionals who have teaching, assessment and related educational responsibilities, such as teachers, trainers, educational supervisors, course co-ordinators, clinical and college tutors.
Applicants should also hold an initial degree from an approved University, or other qualification/proof of educational ability.
If English is not your first language, please provide evidence of your English language qualifications to fulfil the University’s English language requirements.
Application deadline: Applications are closed once the course is full.
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ofynion Iaith Saesneg.
Mae'n rhaid i ymgeiswyr sydd angen fisa Haen 4 i astudio yn y DU gyflwyno cymhwyster iaith Saesneg derbyniol er mwyn bodloni gofynion UKVI (Fisâu a Mewnfudo y DU).
The MSc year (year three) follows on from successful completion of the Postgraduate Certificate year (year one) and the Postgraduate Diploma year (year two). You will be required to engage with online learning materials within tutor-facilitated groups and with your dissertation supervisor throughout the academic year (October to June). There is no requirement to attend, as all teaching will be delivered via e-learning.
Mae'r modiwlau a ddangosir yn esiampl o'r cwricwlwm arferol. Byddant yn cael eu hadolygu cyn blwyddyn academaidd 2019/20. Bydd y modiwlau terfynol yn cael eu cyhoeddi erbyn mis Medi 2019.
All modules in the Postgraduate Certificate Programme form year one of the Postgraduate Diploma Programme. These must be successfully completed before progressing to year two (Postgraduate Diploma year).
All modules in both the Postgraduate Certificate Programme (year one) and the Postgraduate Diploma Programme (year two) must be successfully completed before progressing to year three (MSc year).
Sut y caf fy addysgu?
The teaching takes place online in group settings, which are facilitated by online tutors. There are a variety of tasks in the dissertation module where there is the opportunity for discussion, debate, exploration and peer interaction designed to enhance learning in addition to guided and independent study. The online tutor plays a key role in the delivery of teaching for the module.
Opportunities to develop your team working and collaboration skills will be available through your tasks and activities within discussion fora and general engagement in debate and exploration with tutors and peers
You will be allocated a dissertation supervisor at the start of the MSc year and they will support you throughout the year.
Sut y caf fy nghefnogi?
You will be allocated a dissertation supervisor who will support your progress on the course, monitoring your general progress, discussing relevant issues and providing advice, guidance and support.
During the dissertation component you will have an opportunity to receive feedback on the project design and draft dissertation chapters.
Sut y caf fy asesu?
Successful completion of both the Postgraduate Certificate and Postgraduate Diploma are required for progression to the MSc. The MSc component will require the completion of a small scale empirical or literature based study culminating in the submission of a dissertation.
Pa sgiliau y byddaf yn eu hymarfer a’u datblygu?
The overall aims of the course are to help you:
- Critically appraise both your own and others’ practice as clinical educators and educational leaders to enhance learning and teaching relationships with colleagues/trainees.
- Synthesise concepts in order to further enhance knowledge and understanding to initiate educational developments responsive to clinical education needs and challenges.
- Develop an ability to engage with research, scholarship and practice and deal with complexities, contradictions and gaps in the current evidence base.
- Develop the educational skills required to provide constructive feedback to learner.
More specifically the course aims to:
- Develop and formally recognise experience, skills and leadership in clinical education.
- Provide an understanding of educational theories, methods and practice across the clinical professions that inform current educational practice.
- Promote critical self-awareness and reflection on educational practice to inform educational change.
- Develop educational skills as a clinical educator and educational leader.
- Illustrate your understanding of concepts by designing, planning and delivering learner-centred sessions employing a range of educational strategies/principles.
- Achieve an understanding of how to create effective change in healthcare education.
- Provide skills to design, develop and critically analyse educational media and technologies in order to enhance the learning-teaching process.
- Promote a critical evaluation of the purpose, design, application and interpretation of a range of assessment methods available to clinical educators.
- Develop the educational skills required to provide constructive feedback to learners.
- Develop the knowledge and skills needed to be an educational evaluator in clinical contexts.
- Develop the knowledge required to design, implement and evaluate an educational event with coherence, integration and relevance.
- Provide an understanding of the philosophical orientations of educational research and a range of research methodologies to enable the selection and utilisation of appropriate strategies to design and conduct educational research.
Professionals have joined the course from around the world. Many graduates use the insights gained on the course to introduce innovations to their day to day teaching, whilst others go on to higher level roles and responsibilities to lead and promote excellence in learning and teaching at national and international levels.
MSc Alumni say…
“I couldn’t recommend the course at Cardiff University more highly to help you achieve your educational & research goals. I now sit on the National Intern Curriculum Development Board, using all the skills I have learned on the MSc programme”. Mark Hohenberg, Physician Care of the Elderly
“I would highly recommend the degree to other colleagues, especially as the regulations for becoming a medical educator are going to become much tighter”. Aenone Harper
“The course balanced theory and research with practical elements that I could incorporate into my daily teaching…”. Victoria Tippet
Myfyrwyr y DU ac UE (2019/20)
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ffioedd dysgu a blaendaliadau, gan gynnwys ar gyfer myfyrwyr rhan-amser a pharhaus.
Bydd myfyrwyr yr UE sy'n dechrau yn 2019/20 yn talu'r un ffioedd dysgu â myfyrwyr y DU drwy gydol eu cyrsiau. Gallai ffioedd godi'n flynyddol yn unol â chwyddiant. Nid oes penderfyniadau wedi’u gwneud eto ynglŷn â ffioedd a benthyciadau i fyfyrwyr yr UE sy'n dechrau yn 2020/21. Caiff y rhain eu gwneud yn rhan o drafodaethau'r DU ynglŷn â’' haelodaeth o'r UE, a byddwn yn rhoi rhagor o fanylion i chi cyn gynted ag y bo modd.
Myfyrwyr tu allan i'r UE (2019/20)
Rhagor o wybodaeth am ffioedd dysgu a blaendaliadau, gan gynnwys ar gyfer myfyrwyr rhan-amser a pharhaus.
A fydd angen unrhyw gyfarpar penodol arnaf I astudio’r cwrs hwn?
You will need to be able to access the internet on a regular basis in order to engage with your programme.