Mater Cywasgedig a Ffotoneg
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our group is involved in shaping the future of condensed matter and photonics research from theory and experiment to application and exploitation.
We bring together fundamental physics and development of device concepts though measurements and simulations of fundamental structural, optical, electrical, and magnetic processes in organic and inorganic semiconductor, metallic and magnetic nanostructures.
Our research is improving the understanding of:
- light-matter interactions
- charge and spin transport
- the development and verification of theories
- the development of novel device concepts
- high sensitivity photometric and spectroscopic instruments.
Our research units
Our activity is structured into five research units:
The group is equipped with a suite of state-of-the-art laboratories which include:
- two class 1000 cleanrooms for device and test structure fabrication
- diamond growth
- low-energy electron microscopy (LEEM)
- ultrafast non-linear optical micro-spectroscopy.
It also has extensive experimental and theoretical capability including a number of world-leading material, device fabrication and characterisation techniques invented within the group.