Physics Education Research Group
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We are conducting research into the methodology and delivery of teaching and learning in physics education.
Working within schools, further education and universities, our aim is disseminating best practice to those involved in teaching and outreach across the sector.
Our principle aims include:
- Leadership, implementation and dissemination of innovative teaching techniques and technologies
- Organisation and delivery of teaching-related continuing professional development (CPD) sessions to the School and the College of Physical Sciences and Engineering
- Pedagogical research into physics education in collaboration with other United Kingdom Higher Education Institutions and international collaboration partners
- Research into physics education outreach and support of the Public Engagement Group.
Our main activites include:
- participating in the Institute of Physics ECUIP project which is tracking students’ conceptual understanding of Physics across a number of universities in the UK
- developing, introducing and evaluating new learning methods and courses
- conducting research into best practice physics learning and teaching including measurement of confidence levels in female physics students and measuring patterns of use of new teaching technologies and any correlation with incoming attainment levels and learning outcomes.