Ewch i’r prif gynnwys

When to apply

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

Last updated: 03/10/2022 12:42

You can apply for your Student visa up to six months before the start date of your course if outside of the UK or three months before if you are extending in the UK.

You must have a valid Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) in order to apply. Please contact the Points Based Immigration team at the University in order to request a CAS if needed.

You can check the time required to process your visa on the UK Government website. Allow an additional 3-10 working days in order for your passport to be returned by the visa application centre.

Priority and Super-Priority visa application routes overseas are currently closed. There is no firm information on when they will reopen. Students are advised to apply as soon as possible. Unfortunately, the University is currently unable to speed up visa applications in any way.

You should wait until you have obtained your successful visa decision letter and vignette in your passport before you book any non-refundable travel tickets.

It is advisable to start the process early.

You must use the information on your Confirmation of Acceptance for Study (CAS) email. This will be sent to you by the Student Visa Compliance team at the University once you have accepted your unconditional offer of study.

Your CAS must not be more than six months old when you apply for your Student visa. If you use it after this date, your application will be refused.