Ewch i’r prif gynnwys

Before you apply for your visa

Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.

Hands resting on a notebook

Information about who can help, which visa you should apply for and when, as well as how to get the documents translated.

Help with applying

Learn more about our network of educational advisors throughout the world who can help you with your visa application.

Types of visas

Find out which visa you should apply for – a Tier 4 or a Short Term Study Visa.

When to apply

You can apply for your Tier 4 student visa three months before your course start date.

Translating documents

If any of your documents aren't in English, the original must be included with a fully certified translation by a professional translator.

Low risk nationals

If you're a national of one of these countries, you don't always have to provide qualifications or evidence of maintenance funds.


Information on the Academic Technology Approval Scheme - primarily for postgraduate taught and research in STEM subjects.