Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Our state-of-the-art facilities and equipment underpin research in all branches of Earth and Environmental Sciences.
From the latest analytical techniques to a coastal research vessel, our facilities support research and teaching activities throughout the School.
We have additional research facilities available to staff, students and visitors:
Using our facilities
- Staff and postgraduates are encouraged to use the facilities for their research.
- Costs are met as far as possible by direct provision from grants.
- Bookings need to be made well in advance.
- Visitors and postgraduates require authorisation from the relevant research supervisor.
- Some technical assistance can be expected, but users with a substantial task should anticipate carrying out much of the routine work themselves.
- Scale charges for extra-departmental users may be obtained on request.
Most of the equipment is capable of generating dangerous radiation, and potentially hazardous chemicals are used. Suitable training is essential before new users can use facilities. For any chemical procedures all users must adhere strictly to the appropriate written Control of Substances Hazardous to Health (COSHH) rules. Supervisors and Laboratory Superintendents will explain these requirements. Registration will be required before use of equipment which generates ionizing radiation.
Mae ein hoffer ar gael i'w logi neu gallwn gynnig gwasanaeth ymgynghorol ar raddfa gystadleuol. Cewch gefnogaeth arbenigol ac hyfforddiant i sicrhau eich bod yn cael y gorau o'ch archeb.