Law Transfer Scholarship
The Cardiff University Law Transfer Scholarship is available to eligible students transferring into either year two or year three of our LLB programmes.
Eligible students will be transferring from UK transfer programmes at the following partners:
Or they will be studying the University of London External LLB.
No need to apply
No separate scholarship application is required.
If you are holding an offer for either year two or year three entry on our LLB and meet the criteria as set out in our terms and conditions, you will automatically be awarded the Cardiff University Law Transfer scholarship upon enrolment.
Conditional offer holders
You must meet or exceed the requirements as stated exactly in your formal UCAS offer.
You must also confirm Cardiff University as your firm choice by the UCAS deadline, and meet all offer conditions, including any English language conditions, by 11 September 2020.
Applicants who do not meet the requirements of their formal UCAS offer will not be eligible for the Cardiff University Law Transfer scholarship, even if they are accepted into the University.
Unconditional offer holders
If you are holding an unconditional offer, you must confirm Cardiff University as your firm choice by your UCAS deadline.
Terms and conditions
1. The Cardiff University Law Transfer scholarship has varying awards based on your year of entry.
1.1. Students entering in Year 2 will be eligible for a £2,000 scholarship.
1.2. Students entering in Year 3 will be eligible for a £1,000 scholarship.
2. The scholarship will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount only and cannot be used in place of any required deposit. No cash alternative is available.
3. The Cardiff University Law Transfer scholarship is for entry into Cardiff University in the autumn semester of academic year 2020/21 only and cannot be used for any subsequent years of entry.
3.1. If you are awarded a scholarship and wish to defer your entry to the University, your scholarship will not be transferred. However, you may be eligible to apply for scholarships applicable for 2021/22 entry.
4. Applicants entering year two of study on the LLB programme will be entitled to a continuing scholarship of £2,000 if they successfully progress to year three of the LLB programme in 2021/22. They will not be eligible for the scholarship if they progress to year 3 in any other year of entry.
5. Applicants who are in receipt of any other scholarship, bursary, funding or discount will not be eligible for this Scholarship.
6. You must be confirmed as an overseas student for fee paying purposes (this information is contained in your offer letter). If you are assessed as eligible to pay Home fees as the result of a fee query, your fee status will be amended to Home and you will not be eligible for The Cardiff University Law Transfer Scholarship.
7. The Cardiff University Law Transfer Scholarship is only available to self-funded students.
7.1. If you are in receipt of funding (consisting of either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external body which will be invoiced by the University for fees (such as Government, charity or a private organisation) you are not eligible for the Cardiff University Law Transfer Scholarship.
7.2. This excludes students in receipt of educational loans.
8. The Cardiff University Law Transfer Scholarship is not available to students who are initially awarded the scholarship but, following enrolment at the University, subsequently transfer to an academic programme which is not eligible for the award of the scholarship.
9. You must be able to satisfy all financial requirements as part of your visa application for study in the UK. You should not be solely relying on receiving the Cardiff University Law Transfer Scholarship to meet the UKVI financial requirements. Further information on UKVI financial requirements for visa applications.
Please ensure that you have left sufficient time for your course application and supporting documents to be reviewed and processed before the UCAS acceptance deadline. This can take up to 10 working days.
Please contact the Admissions Office should you have any problems submitting your application or documents:
Office hours are 09:00–17:00 GMT, Monday to Friday.
If you are not sure about your eligibility for these scholarships or have any queries, please contact the International Office for advice: