Cardiff University Marshall Scholarship
Marshall Scholarships finance young Americans of high ability to study for a degree in the United Kingdom. Up to fifty Scholars are selected each year to study at graduate level at a UK institution in any field of study.
We offer our own Marshall Scholarship for postgraduate students, in partnership with the Marshall Scholarships Commission.
These scholarships are open to US nationals applying for postgraduate programmes. Some exclusions apply, so please check the eligibility requirements before submitting your application.
To be eligible for a 2023 Marshall Scholarship, candidates must:
- be citizens of the United States of America (at the time they apply for a scholarship)
- (by the time they take up their scholarship ie September 2023) hold their first undergraduate degree from an accredited four-year college or university in the United States
- have obtained a grade point average of not less than 3.7 on their undergraduate degree at the time of application. Rounded GPAs will not be considered
- have graduated from their first undergraduate college or university after April 2019
- not have studied for, or hold a degree or degree-equivalent qualification from a British university, or GCSE or A' levels taken at school in the UK.
Awards and stipends
Please see the Marshall Commission's rules for candidates for more information on awards and stipends.
How to apply
Please apply online via the Marshall Scholarships website.
Applications for the 2023 Marshall Scholarship are now closed. The application form for the 2024 competition will be available in early June 2023.
Please note that Cardiff University does not administer this scholarship – please direct all eligibility enquiries and applications to the Marshall Commission.
Apply for a scholarship to pursue a postgraduate degree at Cardiff University.