Chevening and Global Wales Scholarships
We are a popular destination for Chevening Scholars, and we are pleased to support this scholarship programme.
Chevening Scholarships are the UK Government's global scholarship programme, funded by the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) and partner organisations.
The scholarships are awarded to outstanding scholars with leadership potential. Awards are typically for a one-year Master’s degree at universities across the UK.
Our students have been awarded Chevening Scholarships over the years, and they have shared their experiences of how it helped with their studies in the UK.
To apply for this scholarship you must:
- be a citizen of a Chevening-eligible country
- return to your country of citizenship for a minimum of two years after your award has ended
- hold an undergraduate degree that will enable you to gain entry onto a postgraduate programme at a UK university - this is typically equivalent to an upper second-class 2:1 honours degree in the UK
- have at least two years’ work experience (this may be up to five years for fellowship programmes, so please refer to your country page for further details)
- apply to three different eligible UK university courses and have received an unconditional offer from one of these choices by 15 July 2021.
How to apply
- Applications must be submitted via the Chevening website.
- Please refer to the guidance on the website before applying, including the frequently asked questions.
- You should also refer to the country webpages on the Chevening website which contain guidance for applicants from your country, including priority subject areas.
Applications for 2021/22 Chevening Scholarships and some Chevening Fellowships are now open. The deadline for scholarship applications is Tuesday 3 November 2020 at 12:00 GMT. Please note that fellowship timelines and deadlines may differ.
- applicants will be shortlisted and invited for interviews in February 2021
- references and educational documents must be submitted by 12:00 GMT on 22 February 2021
- interviews will take place between 1 March and 30 April 2021
- applicants must submit an unconditional offer from an approved UK university by 17:00 BST on 15 July 2021.
The full application timeline is available on the Chevening website.
Universities Wales and Chevening Scholarships for India and Vietnam
We’re pleased to announce that for the 2021/22 academic year, the Global Wales programme are co-funding 7 Chevening Scholarships in Vietnam and 5 Chevening Scholarships in India to study a Masters course in Wales, in any subject area.
We are delighted to work with Chevening and Universities Wales to offer aspiring students from India and Vietnam the opportunity to study a master’s degree and look forward to welcoming scholars as part of this programme next year. Prospective applicants should check their eligibility and apply through the normal process.
Chevening Scholars tell us about how their awards helped fund their studies and life here in Cardiff.