The Red Dragon Scholarship
In recognition of the outstanding talent of our Chinese students, we are pleased to introduce the highly prestigious Cardiff University Red Dragon Scholarship, for selective students joining us in 2023.
The Red Dragon Scholarship Scheme will award 78 scholarships of £5,000 each to outstanding students from Mainland China enrolling on one of the 20 postgraduate taught programmes listed below.
Applications for 2023 entry are now closed.
To be eligible for the Red Dragon Scholarship you must:
- be a Chinese national when your academic application is made
- be classed an international fee-paying student
- be self-financed and not in receipt of non-repayable funding from alternative sources
- be holding an offer for an eligible postgraduate taught degree commencing in September 2023 at the point of submitting a scholarship application
- be holding an offer for an eligible postgraduate taught degree at the application deadline of 21 April 2023
- must accept your academic course offer by 21 April 2023
- have paid your course deposit by 21 April 2023. Deposit deadline extensions will not be accepted for scholarship purposes. If you have not paid your deposit by this deadline, your application will not be considered for the scholarship
- have submitted the scholarship application by 21 April 2023
- meet all the offer conditions (if applicable), including any English Language conditions, as stated in your offer letter by 18 September 2023
The following postgraduate taught programmes are eligible for the Red Dragon Scholarship:
- LLM Intellectual Property Law
- LLM International Commercial Law
- MA Architectural Design
- MA International Journalism
- MA Urban Design
- MSc Accounting and Finance
- MSc Big Data Biology
- MSc Civil and Water Engineering
- MSc Civil Engineering
- MSc Education
- MSc Electrical Energy Systems
- MSc Finance
- MSc International Economics, Banking and Finance
- MSc International Management
- MSc International Planning and Development
- MSc Marketing
- MSc Mathematics
- MSc Structural Engineering
- MSc Sustainable Energy and Environment
- MSc Sustainable Mega-Buildings
Postgraduate Certificate/Diploma awards are not included in the scheme.
How to apply
To apply for the Red Dragon Scholarship, you must submit a completed application form by 23:59 (BST) on 21 April 2023.
On the online application form, you will be asked to include:
- a copy of your 7th term transcript or completed degree transcript
- a personal statement no longer than 300 words explaining how you are an outstanding candidate for the scholarship
Applications will be assessed shortly after the submission deadline, with scholarships awarded to students with the highest overall scores.
Further terms and conditions apply, please see our terms and conditions document for full details.
Please note: if you are assessed as eligible to pay Home fees as the result of a fee query, your fee status will be amended to Home and you will not be eligible for the Cardiff University Red Dragon Scholarship.
For more information about the Red Dragon Scholarship, please contact: