Skip to main content

Visas and immigration

Last updated: 23/08/2023 14:18

If you’re planning to travel to the UK to study, you may need to apply for a visa before you travel.

Potential changes to 2023 immigration regulations

On 23 May 2023, the Home Office issued a statement that included information about potential changes to immigration regulations. Several points would impact Student Visa holders if implemented.

Please note that these are currently proposed changes only. They have not been written into law at this time and the rules remain as outlined in our guidance pages. We do not currently have any further information about the proposed changes. We will update our pages to reflect any confirmed changes as soon as this becomes possible.

The full Home Office statement can be read on the UK Parliament website and an explanation of how this may affect you can be found on the UKCISA website.

If you need help determining your fee status as an international student, you can refer to the regulations governing fee classification.

A flag consisting of multiple European flags

Before you apply for your visa

Information about who can help, which visa you should apply for and when, as well as how to get the documents translated.

Online orientation

Applying for your Student Route visa

Information on our visa application guidelines and how long your visa will take to arrive.

a young woman stands with folder in a classroom

Once you have your visa

Find out what to do next, when can you come to the UK, how long can you study and how long your visa is valid for.

Extending your visa

Information about extending your visa if you're already a student in the UK, what to do if you plan to go home for the holidays and who to contact for help.

Your Biometric Residence Permit (BRP)

Information about how and when you will receive your BRP.