Visiting scholars funding schemes
Cardiff University offers two visiting scholar funding schemes - Fulbright and the China Scholarships Council.
Fulbright-Cardiff University Award
The application process for the Fulbright US Scholar Awards AY 2019-20 is now open. The deadline for submission of applications to Fulbright is 1 August 2018.
The Fulbright-Cardiff University Award enables scholars to undertake a 3-12 month project, of research, lectureship or teaching, in any one of our dynamic and innovative research-active departments.
The Scholar award is administered wholly by Fulbright and queries can be directed to the Commission itself.
China Scholarship Council Visiting Scholar Award
Cardiff University is collaborating with the China Scholarships Council (CSC) to offer funding for research visits of up to 24 months by Chinese students registered for PhD research at top Chinese universities. Academic Schools at Cardiff may provide full fee funding (at their discretion), with CSC covering maintenance, travel and visa costs.
To qualify for an award, potential candidates must:
- be a Chinese national (mainland China) pursuing MPhil/PhD research at a recognised top Chinese university
- satisfy all entry requirements, including relevant English Language requirements
- seek a formal invitation from a supervisor or Head of Academic School
- obtain an invitation letter from the supervisor/Head of relevant Academic School
- be qualified and prepared to apply for a matching scholarship from the China Scholarship Council (CSC), if offered a tuition fee waiver from Cardiff University.
This funding is administered by the CSC and queries should be directed to the CSC accordingly. Further information about this scheme can be found on the China Scholarship Council website.