Skip to main content

TV licence

Last updated: 31/08/2023 15:41

If you will be watching, downloading or recording programmes you will need a TV licence.

This also applies to watching, downloading or recording on platforms such as:

  • BBC iPlayer
  • ITV Player
  • SkyGo
  • All 4
  • YouTube

You require a licence if you are watching on a TV, desktop computer, laptop, mobile phone, tablet, games console, digital TV USB Stick, digital box or DVD/VHS recorder.

We advise you to check the reception in your own room before buying a TV licence, so that you can be sure that you have a good enough signal to use regularly.

Communal TV services

Digital TV services are provided in the kitchens of the following residences:

  • Postgraduate Plus at Senghennydd Court
  • Undergraduate Plus at Talybont South
  • Talybont Gate
  • Family accommodation at Cartwright Court, University Hall, 69 North Road and 71 North Road, 24 Cogan Terrace, 26 Cogan Terrace and 80 Miskin Street

A halls communal licence won’t cover your room, even if you have communal Digital TV Services provided at your hall.

Only Postgraduate Extra students at Talybont North are provided TV services in both the kitchens and bedrooms.

Please see the TV Licensing website for further information and how to pay.