What to bring
Find out what is and isn't provided for you in University accommodation.
All rooms in University residences have both Wi-Fi and connection points for access to the University network and high speed internet.
International students: We recommend you buy items here in Cardiff rather than take up space in your luggage.
You'll be provided with:
- bed with mattress
- desk and chair
- waste paper bin
- ironing board
- dustpan and brush
- kitchen bin
- mop and bucket
- bicycle sheds (Students in Aberconway Hall and in Colum Road/Colum Place Houses can use the bicycle sheds at Colum Hall. Bicycle sheds are NOT available for students in the "Village" Student Houses/Flats.)
You need to bring:
- bedding and linen (sheets, pillowcases, duvet, blankets, pillows and towels) - unless you ordered a bedding pack when you confirmed your arrival online
- crockery (for yourself)
- cutlery (for yourself)
- cooking utensils and saucepans (for yourself)
- bike lock (or you can purchase one from the Security Centre on Park Place)
Extra and Plus accommodation
You will not need to bring bedding/linen, crockery, cutlery or cooking equipment if you've been allocated:
- Postgraduate Extra at Talybont North
- Postgraduate Plus at Senghennydd Court
- Undergraduate Plus at Talybont South