What to bring
Last updated: 09/08/2023 14:18
Find out what is and isn't provided for you in university accommodation.
All rooms in university residences have Wi-Fi and connection points for access to the university network and high-speed internet.
International students: We recommend you buy items here in Cardiff rather than take up space in your luggage.
You'll be provided with:
- bed with mattress
- desk and chair
- waste paper bin
- ironing board
- dustpan and brush
- kitchen bin
- mop and bucket
- vacuum cleaner
- bicycle sheds (Students in Aberconway Hall and Colum Road/Colum Place Houses can use the bicycle sheds at Colum Hall. Bicycle sheds are NOT available for students in the "Village" Student Houses/Flats.)
You need to bring:
- bedding and linen (sheets, pillowcases, duvet, blankets, pillows and towels) - unless you ordered a bedding pack when you confirmed your arrival online
- crockery (for yourself)
- cutlery (for yourself)
- cooking utensils and saucepans (for yourself)
- bike lock (or you can purchase one from the Security Centre on Park Place)
- ethernet cable.
Extra and Plus accommodation
You will not need to bring bedding/linen, crockery, cutlery or cooking equipment if you've been allocated:
- Postgraduate Extra at Talybont North
- Postgraduate Plus at Senghennydd Court
- Undergraduate Plus at Talybont South.
Our handy comparison guide lets you filter accommodation by a variety of options, including catering and bathrooms.