The contract dates for your particular accommodation will be confirmed in your room offer.
Contract periods will include periods when you will be paying rent but may not be staying in your room e.g. vacations/placements.
September to June (40 week)
- Wednesday 20 September 2023 to Wednesday 26 June 2024, including all vacations
September to June (39 week)
- Wednesday 20 September 2023 to Monday 17 June 2024, including all vacations.
September to July (41 week) - Clodien House
- Wednesday 20 September 2023 to Wednesday 3 July 2024, including all vacations.
September to July (42 week) - Unite - Adam Street Gardens
- Friday 15 September 2023 to Friday 5 July 2024, including all vacations.
Non-standard contract period
- These periods are set in-line with individual course semester dates and generally apply to students studying:
- Dental Hygiene/Therapy
- Actual dates for your contract period will be confirmed in your room offer.
Full year contract period
- Wednesday 20 September 2023 to Friday 13 September 2024.
- You need to move out of your room at the end of your contract period.
- Students with a full year contract period may be encouraged to move from the occupied study bedroom to an alternative study bedroom as near as possible within the same residential area. This will ensure that you remain accommodated with other students and will minimise the disruption caused when essential maintenance work is carried out on site. It is expected that this move will take place in June/July. You will be notified of the details and the alternative room to which you are to move by the Residences Manager.
Early arrivals from overseas
If you intend to arrive in Cardiff before the start of your contract period, please note the following:
- If you plan to arrive before Monday 18 September, your allocated room will not be available and you will need to make your own arrangements for temporary accommodation until the start of your contract period.
- If you plan to arrive between Monday 18 September and the start of your contract period, your allocated room may be available. You will need to contact your Residences Manager well in advance of your arrival to check this. If your allocated room is not available until the start your contract period, you will need to make your own arrangements for temporary accommodation until the start of the contract period.
Our handy comparison guide lets you filter accommodation by a variety of options, including catering and bathrooms.