Skip to main content

Parking permit

At some halls of residence you can park a car as long as you are allocated a parking permit.

There are only a limited number of parking permits available for each hall of residence. You must request a parking permit when applying for accommodation. You will only be allocated a permit if there is space available.

The halls where restricted parking is available with an allocated parking permit are:

  • Aberconway Hall (disabled students' permits only)
  • Cartwright Court
  • Hodge Hall
  • Roy Jenkins Hall
  • Talybont Court (disabled students’ permits only)
  • Talybont Gate
  • Talybont North
  • University Hall.

If you are not allocated a parking permit, or you are staying at any other halls of residence, you will be unable to park on site, or within a three mile radius. In that case you should not consider bringing a car to Cardiff.

Most students find it easy to get around Cardiff and the surrounding area by walking, cycling or using public transport.

Security and restrictions

All motor vehicles parked on University owned property must display a valid parking permit for security purposes. Any vehicle not displaying a parking permit will be subject to further action. You are advised to secure your vehicle at all times and not to leave valuable items in your vehicle.

To allow for the access of emergency vehicles at any time, all vehicles must be parked in designated resident parking spaces. Please note, there is a 5mph speed restriction on all residences sites.