Skip to main content

Paying for your accommodation

Last updated: 29/09/2023 15:34

How to pay for your time in residences depending on your arrangement.

If you are staying at Clodien House or Adam Street Gardens, details about paying will be included in the information sent to you by Unite once you have been allocated a place.

Rent is payable by one of the following methods:

  • Credit/debit card in full in advance or on arrival
  • Direct debit from a UK Bank Account (payable in a maximum of 3 instalments on set dates, depending on your contract period). Your Direct Debit needs to be set up with us by 1 October 2023, otherwise you will need to make payment by credit/debit card.
    Please note: this Direct Debit covers rent only. You will need to complete a separate mandate for your tuition fees.

The only exceptions to these payment methods are:

Sponsored students

If your rent will be paid directly to us by your sponsor, select ‘Instalments paid by sponsor’ as your payment method and forward a copy of your Affidavit letter confirming your sponsored status to Campus Services Income: After your arrival in Cardiff we will invoice your sponsor for your rent.

NHS Bursary/monthly stipend

If you will be in receipt of a monthly stipend from the NHS Bursary, you can request to pay your rent in equal monthly instalments by a monthly payment plan. Select ‘Instalments by Credit/Debit Card’. Forward confirmation of your bursary to Campus Services Income: They will confirm acceptance of your payment plan after evidence of your monthly stipend has been received and shortly after your arrival.

If neither of these options suits your circumstance, select ‘Instalments by Credit/Debit Card’ option. Contact Campus Services Income who will go through other payment options with you.

Payment advice

A couple of weeks before each payment date you will be emailed a Payment Advice advising you of the date and the amount that will be taken by Direct Debit for that instalment. This enables you to ensure there are sufficient funds in the account.

This will be emailed to your Cardiff University email address and also to any other email address we hold for you. It is important for you to check your email accounts regularly. Please note some email providers may treat the email as spam, check your spam/junk mail folder as well as your inbox.

The payment dates for the 2023/2024 session are:

  • 25 October 2023
  • 24 January 2024
  • 17 April 2024

If you anticipate difficulty paying your rent, for example, as a result of the late arrival of your student funding, or because you receive a monthly NHS Bursary, contact the Campus Services Income by emailing as soon as you are aware of this. Have your student number to hand whenever you contact us.

If you have a problem with your funding, contact the Student Funding and Advice Team for help.

Rent queries

Contact Campus Services Income if you have any queries or if you wish to obtain a receipt for your payment.

Have your student number to hand whenever you contact us.

Campus Services Income