Available to: undergraduates, undergraduates with non standard residential periods and undergraduates (March nursing)
A large hall of residence with a bus service operating between University Hall and Cathays Park Campus and Heath Park Campus.
University Hall is a large hall with a lively, friendly atmosphere. It is a short walk or cycle to the Heath Park campus and less than 2 miles from the Cathays Park campus. The University has a bus service operating during set times between University Hall and both the Cathays Park campus and Heath Park campus which runs weekdays. This service is provided as part of the residences package for University Hall, so you do not need to pay each time you use the University bus service.
Distance to campuses
|Main Building||Heath Park campus|
|Distance||1.75 miles||1.25 miles|
|Walking||35 minutes||25 minutes|
|Cycling||17 minutes||12 minutes|
Ty-Gwyn road, Cardiff Bus 52
University operated bus service available
|University operated bus service available|
Please note: the timings given above are only provided as a guide.
|Supermarket||Colchester Avenue (Sainsburys)|
|Fast food||Wellfield Road|
|Sports facilities||Outdoor multi-use games Area (MUGA) on the site, including Tennis, Netball, Basket Ball and Futsal.
View all of the University's sports facilities
- Shared bathroom facilities (418 rooms)
- Ensuite (251 rooms)
- Shared kitchen/dining areas
- Flats/floors for 7-17 students
- Network connection point and Wi-Fi access
- Bicycle sheds
- Social lounge with Skype pods
- Car parking (93 spaces)
- Quiet living option for undergraduates (shared flats/houses with other students who have also expressed an interest in a quiet living environment)
- 2 rooms equipped with a flashing alarm and vibrating pillow, suitable for those with a hearing impairment
University Hall bus service
For University Hall students, there is a dedicated bus service to and from the Cathays Park Campus and Heath Park Campus. This bus service runs weekdays between 18 September 2019 and 19 June 2020, generally at the following times:
- Cathays Park Campus - 08:20 - 17:30
- Heath Park Campus - 8:20 - 17:30
Please note, this service is not available during the Christmas recess (14 December 2019 to 5 January 2020) and the Easter recess (28 March 2020 to 19 May 2020) and Mayday 4 May 2020.
Couples – University Hall
- 1 x studio with 1 double bedroom/study area, kitchen/dining room and shower room with toilet
- 2 x one bedroom flat with 1 double bedroom, kitchen/living/dining room and shower room with toilet
- Wi-Fi available for partners/spouses. Only registered students can use the network connection point.
Families - University Hall
- 1 x two bedroom flat with 1 double bedroom, 1 bedroom with bunk beds, kitchen/living/dining and bathroom
- Wi-Fi available for family members. Only registered students can use the network connection point.
All Couples/Families are expected to seek alternative accommodation for subsequent years as the period of residence cannot be extended beyond the first year.
Standard residential period (September to June)
|Shared bathroom||£4409.08||(2 X £1469.69 and 1 X £1469.70)|
|Ensuite||£5109.64||(2 X £1703.21 and 1 X £1703.22)|
|Car parking||£163.00||(2 X £54.33 and 1 X £54.34)|
Full year residential period (September to September)
|Studio||£7567.72||(2 X £2522.57 and 1 X £2522.58)|
|1 bedroom flat||£8504.71||(2 X £2834.90 and 1 X £2834.91)|
|2 bedroom flat||£9441.70||(2 X £3147.23 and 1 X £3147.24)|
Non standard residential period
| Ensuite /|
| Variable according to individual course dates.|
Fees will be calculated according to the daily rate for the Standard Residential Period.
|Heath Park Students|
Please note: these residential periods may include placement periods when you will be paying residences fees but may not be occupying your room.
Assistant Residences Manager
- +44 (0)29 2251 0590
Senior Assistant Residences Manager
- +44 (0)29 2251 0591
- +44 (0)29 2087 4615
How to apply
Learn how to apply and if you're eligible for guaranteed University accommodation.
One bed flat
Two bed flat
+44 (0)29 2251 0597