Careers and employability
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We encourage you to think about life beyond University from day one, offering modules and support to give you a competitive advantage when you graduate.
- 94% graduates in employment or further study.
Our graduates embark on careers in an impressive range of sectors including government, policing, banking, prison service and teaching.
Graduate destinations include:
- Welsh Government
- Civil Service
- Office for National Statistics
- National Union of Students
- Ministry of Defence
- British Council.
94% of our graduates were in employment or further study six months after graduation (DLHE 2016/17).
Bespoke career support
We offer advice and guidance to our students at every stage of the undergraduate and postgraduate programmes.
Our dedicated careers adviser delivers a tailored range of careers-related events throughout the year and can help you to meet your career ambitions through a range of focused activities.
You can benefit from:
- bookable careers guidance appointments
- a range of workshops including CVs, applications, social networking (including LinkedIn), interviews and assessment days
- professional networking events (related sector areas such as teaching)
- professional guest speakers from a wide range of sector (eg teaching, policing, government)
- work experience placements and advice (eg government, charity sector, policing)
- enterprise activities
- jobs board including graduate vacancies, internships and placements
- current labour market information.
Supporting our alumni
Our career support does not end at graduation; there are a number of benefits available exclusively for alumni.
Careers advice for alumni is available up to two years after graduation, offering careers fairs, workshops, events as well as access to careers and vacancy information, graduate internships and more.
Connect with us
You can follow our careers activities on Facebook.