Why Cardiff University?
We are in the top tier of Britain's research universities and are a member of the prestigious Russell Group.
- In the 2014 Research Excellence Framework we rank fifth among universities nationally based on the quality of our research
- We were awarded five Queen’s Anniversary Prizes (which recognise world-class excellence in UK Higher Education)
- We attracted on average £90 million in new research grants and contracts over the last three years
- Our distinguished staff including two Nobel Prize Winners and a number of Fellows of the Royal Society, the Royal Academy of Engineering, and the British Academy as well as Academicians of the Academy of Social Sciences
- Our doctoral training is recognised by the UK Research Councils and we are leading or participating in a range of doctoral training initiatives.
A Research Culture
- Our Doctoral Academy provides skills and development and networking opportunities and fosters an intellectually stimulating environment
- We were shortlisted for the 2010 Times Higher Education award in the "Outstanding Support for Early Career Researchers" category.
Strong links with industry, commerce & government
- We have close relationships with local firms and major multinational companies
- We act as a consultancy for companies, local authorities and government on a wide range of technical and policy issues
- Our Research and Innovation Department ensures strong links with business and industry and other partners
- Our Innovation Network provides excellent networking opportunities.
Languages for All
Our Languages for All programme allows you the chance to improve your language skills alongside your studies free of charge.