Master's Excellence Scholarships
We are pleased to announce that the Taught Master's Excellence Scholarship Scheme for 2018/19 entry has been confirmed.
We are committed to investing up to a total of £500,000 in this high value competitive scholarship scheme to support home and EU students who are planning to start an eligible master's programme in September 2018.
The Scholarships are each worth a minimum of £3,000 and will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount.
The following programmes are eligible for a Master's Excellence scholarship:
- Full-time programme leading to a taught master’s degree
- Part-time programme leading to a taught master’s degree
- MRes Biosciences
- MRes Stem Cell Neurobiology
Programmes not included
The following programmes are not included so aren't eligible for a Master's Excellence scholarship:
- Distance learning programmes
- Taught programmes leading to a graduate diploma (GDip), postgraduate certificate (PgCert) or postgraduate diploma (PgDip)
- Research degrees that lead to a master in philosophy (MPhil)
How to apply
The deadlines for applications for the scholarships for 2018/19 are as follows:
- Wednesday 7 March 2018 - this deadline has now passed. All applications received from now will be considered following the second deadline
- Wednesday 4 July 2018, 13.00 (GMT).
A link to the application form for the Master's Excellence Scholarships is available on the SIMS Online Applicant Portal. You will need to have submitted your programme application before being able to access the Applicant Portal.
Please note that it may take up to 48 hours after submitting your programme application before you get full access to the Applicant Portal.
We therefore advise you to apply for your programme of study well in advance. New applicants will get logins to the Online Applicant Portal emailed to them, while current and previous students will be able to login using their existing login details where they find the scholarship application link in the 'My Application' screen of SIMS.
For full details, please read our application guidance document.