Walk-in access to electronic resources
Members of the public and visiting staff and students can access a selection of our electronic resources by registering for the 'walk-in access to electronic resources' service.
We are currently unable to offer the walk-in access to electronic resources service, as a result of coronavirus (COVID-19). We will update this page when the service is available.
This service is available on dedicated terminals in most Cardiff University libraries. Check the access arrangements to each library on our locations and opening hours page.
Register for walk-in access
You must register at a Cardiff University library each time you use the service. To register, please bring one of the following forms of suitable identification:
- current Cardiff University associate library card
- passport/EU national identity card
- UK driver's licence
- current credit or debit card
- utility bill
- benefit card or book
- bank or credit card statement
- NUS or student ID card.
This service operates on a first-come, first-served basis. On the day you plan to visit, we recommend you telephone a Cardiff University library to check availability.
Access the electronic resources
When you have registered, a member of library staff will log you in to the walk-in access service on one of our dedicated computer terminals:
- you should then be able to see the Welcome page
- click on the Resources tab to access all the resources available.
Please note that you can only search content within individual resources, not the service as a whole.
- to use this service you must comply with the copyright regulations and our terms and conditions
- you may only access eResources from one of the dedicated computer terminals in the libraries participating in this service
- you can search within each resource, but we do not subscribe to all content in each resource
- access to particular resources, or access to the service as a whole may be withdrawn at any time.
You may not:
- use the service for commercial or business purposes
- email or save any search results or articles
- access any sites, software or applications (such as Microsoft Office or email) outside this service from this terminal.
Available electronic resources
We offer walk-in access to many different resources for members of the public and visiting staff and students. This includes resources covering multiple subject areas (eg JSTOR, Proquest and Ebscohost databases, SCOPUS, ScienceDirect) and resources covering more specific subjects (eg The Royal Society of Chemistry’s Journals, Books and Databases, UK Parliamentary Papers).