The Bute Library is situated on the first floor of the Bute Building and contains collections for geography, journalism, media studies, pharmacy, planning and social sciences. It also holds the British national daily and weekend newspapers.View Bute Library on Google Maps
Enquiry services will be managed via Ask a Librarian live chat and email between 09:00 and 21:00, Monday to Friday and 10:00 to 17:00 at weekends.
These are the opening hours for this week. View opening times for 2019-20
The Bute Library is situated on the first floor of the Bute Building on King Edward VII Avenue. Facilities include:
|North corridor||Geography and Planning books and journals|
|South corridor|| Social Sciences books|
Journalism and Media Studies books (partial collection)
Newspapers (excluding the latest month's copies which are held in Central Square Library)
Study skills collection
|Entrance area gallery|| Planning statistics|
Dissertations arranged alphabetically by author
- Situated on the first floor of the Bute Building.
- An adjacent lift provides access from the ground floor and lower ground floor.
- Two reserved disabled parking spaces are provided in the Bute car park. The side door from the car park is the main entrance route for wheelchair users.
- An accessible toilet is situated on the first floor landing.
- Low-level library catalogue terminals are available.
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves - please ask for assistance.
Bute Library enquiries
King Edward VII Avenue
- +44 (0)29 2087 5290
Subject Librarian (Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies / Continuing & Professional Education)
- +44 (0)29 2251 0198
Subject Librarian (Geography and Planning / Psychology)
- +44 (0)29 2087 5988
Subject Librarian (Social Sciences)
- +44 (0)29 2087 0796
Subject Librarian (Optometry / Pharmacy)
- +44 (0)29 2251 0196
Assistant Subject Librarian
- +44 (0)29 2087 4000 Ext 20331