The Bute Library is situated on the first floor of the Bute Building and contains collections for geography, journalism, media studies, pharmacy, planning and social sciences.View Bute Library on Google Maps
When entering any of our libraries you will need to scan a Cardiff University QR code to register Test, Trace and Protect information to help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
All visitors must correctly wear a face-covering (unless exempt).
|Monday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Tuesday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Wednesday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Thursday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Friday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Saturday||10:00 - 17:30|
|Sunday||10:00 - 17:00|
These are the opening hours for this week.
The Bute Library is situated on the first floor of the Bute Building on King Edward VII Avenue.
Geography and Planning books and journals
Social Sciences books
Journalism and Media Studies books (partial collection)
Newspapers (excluding the latest month's copies which are held in Central Square Library)
Study skills collection
Entrance area gallery
Dissertations arranged alphabetically by author
You can contact a subject librarian if you have a subject-specific question, or use our general contact details for any other queries.
Entry to the Bute Building is controlled by swipe card access after 18:00 weekdays and all weekend.
- Located on the first floor of the Bute Building, there is lift access from the ground floor and lower ground floor.
- Two reserved disabled parking spaces are provided in the Bute car park. The side door from the car park is the main entrance route for wheelchair users.
- An accessible toilet is situated on the first floor landing.
- Low-level library catalogue terminals are available.
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves - please ask for assistance.
Bute Library enquiries
King Edward VII Avenue
College of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences
Includes Geography and Planning, Journalism, Media and Culture and Social Sciences.
College of Biomedical and Life Sciences
Includes Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences