Our libraries and archives are integral to creating and sharing access to knowledge and trustworthy information.
Our information resources, services, staff, and spaces are critical to student and academic success. They underpin the curriculum, support global research within a Welsh context, and create a sense of belonging to a community of scholarship.
We achieve this by:
- Enabling our communities through developing their information literacy, so that they can critically engage with information and knowledge as informed global citizens. Co- creating with our communities to understand and deliver against their needs
- Partnering in the creation, sharing and impact of research: promoting an inclusive research culture through open access, open research data, digital scholarship, outreach, access to, and curation of, our rich information resources.
- Managing and curating the institutional memory and key records of the university. Ensuring that our unique collections and archives are safe, discoverable, visible, and celebrated.
- Facilitating clinical research and teaching through our delivery of services to NHS Wales.
- Eliminating barriers to communities; providing a welcoming and friendly gateway to the university, Cardiff, and Wales.
What defines us?
We are defined by our principles of openness, curiosity, empowering others, fostering belonging, inclusivity, partnership working, creativity, agility, and environmental sustainability.