Knowledge, learning and pedagogy
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We have an extensive expertise in exploring the cultural, political and organisational dimensions of knowledge, learning and pedagogy - from the early years to higher and professional education.
Research in this area involves investigating the background, development and consequences of curriculum reform, feeding into the Welsh Government’s reform of the curriculum in Wales. We are also interested in exploring young people’s engagement with school knowledge – and what happens when they are excluded from mainstream classrooms and educational settings. In relation to the school curriculum, we have also undertaken ground-breaking and influential work in sex and relationships education.
Beyond school, we are investigating how best to facilitate different kinds of professional learning – not only for teachers, but for social workers, medical and dental educators. We are also committed to exploring how to develop research capacity for the next generation of social science researchers.
Related centres and groups
- Cardiff Unit for Research and Evaluation in Medical and Dental Education (CUREMeDE)
- The Centre for the Development and Evaluation of Complex Interventions for Public Health Improvement (DECIPHer)
- Ethnography, Culture & Interpretive Analysis
- Knowledge, Expertise and Science
- Religion, Faith and Society Research Group
- Wales Institute of Social and Economic Research, Data and Methods (WISERD)
- WISERD Education Data Lab