Visiting Scholars programme
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
We are an interdisciplinary centre of excellence with an international reputation in research and a rich experience of PhD supervision.
Our scholars take leading roles in the transformation of their respective disciplines, contributing to the work of our multi-disciplinary research centres.
We nurture a supportive and friendly environment for staff and students, encouraging our community to set agendas and challenge current thinking.
We offer four different programmes open to academic staff and postgraduate research students in overseas institutions.
Our programmes offer PhD students and experienced scholars the opportunity to participate in the research culture of our vibrant and active School.
|Programme||Who can apply|
|Visiting Postgraduate Researcher (with supervision)||Students currently studying for a PhD at an overseas institution|
|Visiting Postgraduate Researcher (without supervision)||Students currently studying for a PhD at an overseas institution|
|Visiting Scholar||Experienced scholars who have completed a doctorate|
|Visiting Fellow||By invitation to senior and experienced scholars who have completed a doctorate only|
What we offer
As a Visiting Scholar, you will enjoy a range of opportunities within the School:
- Presenting a research seminar paper
- Attending postgraduate seminars in research methods
- Auditing postgraduate modules and research seminars relating to a wide range of research fields
You will also have access to
- All University Library facilities, including borrowing rights
- Open-access work stations and the University IT network
- Assistance with IT needs
Duration and fees
Applicants can elect the length of stay up to a maximum of 12 months.
Pro-rata Bench fees (equivalent to full-time overseas student tuition fee) apply to the Visiting Postgraduate Researcher (with supervision) programme, whilst the other programmes can vary according to scheme and duration (minimum £500 to maximum £2,000). Further information is available by email.
How to apply
To apply for a place on one of our programmes, you will need to email us with the following information:
- a research proposal for your intended period of stay or study
- the dates of your intended visit
- reasons why you have chosen our School
- an academic CV or resume
- an expression of support from your supervisor (for students)
Please note that unsolicited applications are not accepted for the Visiting Fellow programme.