Cardiff University Bar Training Course Scholarship
Our 2020 Cardiff University Bar Training Course Scholarship is available to any student who has been awarded a first-class degree.
Scholarships of £1,000 will be awarded to high achieving students and will be offered as a tuition fee discount.
To be eligible for the scholarship you must:
- have a first-class degree holder from a UK institution (including UK institutions that have campuses overseas)
- hold an offer for our BTC programme.
If you are a conditional offer holder, you will be expected to meet or exceed the conditions of your offer, unconditional offer holders will automatically be granted the scholarship.
Terms and conditions
All scholarships will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount and will be automatic upon enrolment. No cash alternative is available and the award cannot be used in place of any required deposit. Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of meeting our eligibility criteria as set out in the terms and conditions.
The Scholarship is for full-time students starting in September 2020.
Only self-funding international and home fee status students are eligible. The scholarship is not open to students who are in receipt of funding from external bodies such as local Government, charities or private organisations. This excludes PGT loans from the British Government and PGT loans and bursaries from the Welsh Government.
Conditional Offer Holders
- You must meet or exceed the requirements as stated exactly in your formal offer letter.
- You must accept Cardiff University as your Firm choice and meet all conditions of your offer by August 31st 2020.
Unconditional Offer Holders
- If you are holding an Unconditional Offer, you must confirm Cardiff University as your Firm choice by 31st August 2020.
The following full terms and conditions apply for this scholarship:
- The Cardiff University BTC Scholarship is available to any student with a first-class degree from a UK institution (this includes UK institution campuses overseas).
- The Cardiff University BTC Scholarship is worth £1,000 and will be awarded in the form of a tuition fee discount only. It cannot be used in place of any required deposit. No cash alternative is available.
- The Cardiff University BTC scholarship is for entry into Cardiff University in the autumn semester of academic year 2020/2021, if you wish to defer entry for one year onto the programme, the scholarship can be transferred for 2021/2022 entry.
- Applicants who are in receipt of any other scholarship, bursary, funding or discount from Cardiff University can only be awarded a maximum of £5, 000.
- The Cardiff University BTC Scholarship is only available to self-funded students; if you are in receipt of funding (consisting of either tuition fees or tuition fees and living costs) from an external body which will be invoiced by the University for fees (such as Government, charity or a private organisation) you are not eligible for the BTC Scholarship. This excludes PGT loans from the British Government and PGT loans and bursaries from the Welsh Government.
- If you are an international student, you must satisfy all financial requirements as part of your visa application for study in the UK. You should not be solely relying on receiving the Cardiff University BTC Scholarship to meet the UKVI financial requirements.
- Students in receipt of educational loans are included in this scheme.
- Please ensure that you have left sufficient time for your application and supporting documents to be reviewed and processed before the acceptance deadline noted above. This can take up to 10 working days. Please contact the Admissions Office should you have any problems submitting your application or documents:
- Phone: +44 (0)29 2087 9999
- 09.00-17.00 GMT, Monday-Friday
For more information about our Cardiff University Bar Training Course Scholarship 2020 please email us for advice: