The Bute Library is situated on the first floor of the Bute Building and contains collections for geography, journalism, media studies, pharmacy, planning and social sciences. It also holds the British national daily and weekend newspapers, and the Osman Collection.View Bute Library on Google Maps
|Monday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Tuesday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Wednesday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Thursday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Friday||08:45 - 21:30|
|Saturday||10:00 - 17:30|
|Sunday||10:00 - 17:30|
These are the opening hours for this week. View opening times for 2017-18
The Bute Library is situated on the first floor of the Bute Building on King Edward VII Avenue. Facilities include:
|North corridor||Geography and Planning books and journals|
|South corridor||Journalism and Media Studies books and journals|
Social Sciences books
|Entrance area||Daily newspapers|
|Entrance area gallery||Planning statistics|
Abstracts and indexes
Videos and DVDs
Theses and dissertations arranged alphabetically by author
- Situated on the first floor of the Bute Building.
- An adjacent lift provides access from the ground floor and lower ground floor.
- Two reserved disabled parking spaces are provided in the Bute car park. The side door from the car park is the main entrance route for wheelchair users.
- An accessible toilet is situated on the first floor landing.
- Low-level library catalogue terminals are available.
- Staff will retrieve books from the shelves - please ask for assistance.
Bute Library enquiries
King Edward VII Avenue
Subject Librarian (Architecture)
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2251 0195
Subject Librarian (Social Sciences / Geography and Planning)
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 0796
Subject Librarian (Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies / Continuing & Professional Education)
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2251 0198
Subject Librarian (Nursing, Healthcare and Midwifery / Optometry / Pharmacy)
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2251 0196
Subject Librarian (Optometry and Pharmacy)
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2251 0199/+44 (0)29 2087 0252