Special Collections and Archives
Preserving, promoting and developing the University Library's historical and special research resources.View Special Collections and Archives on Google Maps
Closed 12:00-13:00 daily.
|Monday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:00 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:00 - 17:00|
These are the opening hours for this week. View opening hours for 2019-20
Special Collections and Archives aims to preserve, promote, and develop the University Library's historical and special research resources in order to support staff and postgraduate work by providing:
- professional research services
- a quiet study environment
- supervised access to rare books and unique archives and manuscripts
- microfilm scanning facilities
- professional exhibition space.
- An accessible entrance for assisted entry to the building is located on the west side of the building at lower ground floor level. Entry is staff-mediated – please use the intercom by the entrance.
- A lift provides access to all floors of the library.
- Two disabled parking spaces are available close to the Arts and Social Studies Library (by the railway line) which can be accessed from Colum Drive.
- An accessible toilet is provided on the entrance floor.
- Low-level catalogue terminals are available.