Residence Life Team
The Residence Life Team are dedicated to enhancing your student experience. Helping to create a community within residences where you feel a sense of belonging and inclusion.
Residence Life Coordinators and student Residence Life Assistants work in partnership with Student Support and Wellbeing, Residences Management and your Students’ Union.
The team encourages you to share your experiences and to access quality support services to help you make the most of your student life and achieve your personal goals and aspirations.
Your time in residences
We are committed to ensuring that you have the best possible time in residences and we will work with you and your fellow students to:
- provide a warm welcome and encourage a smooth transition to university
- build a community focused culture that gives you a sense of belonging and inclusion
- bring students together through events that enhance your learning and skills, provide practical support for your student life, as well as social and cultural activities
- promote positive living behaviours and address inappropriate conduct
- provide peer to peer support and signposting to specialist support
- identify and support vulnerable students and manage crisis situations
- connect the learning and living experience.
Join in activities
If you are living in University accommodation you can join us for fun and informative activities,
- global holiday celebrations including Halloween, Thanksgiving, Christmas and Chinese New Year
- life skills workshops including how to cook, budget and live communally
- drop-ins across the halls for peer support, advice and a friendly cup of tea
- awareness raising campaigns
- developing halls communities to represent your student voice
- opportunities for developing your personal passions with practical skills, lessons and training.