International Student Support
We are dedicated to the welfare of international students.
Our International Student Support service provides international students with guidance and information on a wide range of non-academic matters, including:
- daily life in the UK
- welfare and financial matters
- support for students with families
- student immigration matters:
- support with Tier 4 student (& dependant) visa extension applications
- employment regulations for international students when studying
- implications of making a change to study (e.g. withdrawal, Interruption of Study Transfer)
- post study work visa options available to international students.
We offer pre-bookable appointments and at least one on-the-day appointment for any urgent unexpected issues. We also run a daily drop in service between 14:00 - 16:00 for general enquiries.
- issuing student ID cards for international students
- hosting a weekly Police Registration service
- hosting an annual NHS TB testing service
- induction events and activities to help international students settle in to life at Cardiff University and the UK more generally
- organisation of other activities of interest to international students such as an annual international week, which involves a series of social activities.
International Student Support enquiries
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 22518888