Student visa support
If you live outside of the UK, you will need to think about visas, immigration rules and possibly post study work visa options. We can advise you on how to apply for your student visa and provide bespoke guidance and information to support you settling into student life with us.
We understand the challenges of studying abroad, and will help you stay safe, healthy and supported during your time with us. Our Student Life teams support all aspects of university life, so you can enjoy student life to the fullest.
Transition into life at university
As an international student you will be joining a diverse and inspiring academic community studying on a variety of courses from all over the world.
Every year we help transport hundreds of international students from London Heathrow to their Cardiff accommodation, to make the transition to the UK a little easier.
We can also help with:
- induction events and activities to help you settle into life at university and the UK more generally
- UKVI immigration rules/conditions on your Student Visa (Tier 4 (General) and Short Term study visa) including the implications of making a change to study (eg, withdrawal, interruption of study, transfer)
- EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) and EU student visa options post-Brexit
- submitting visa extension applications for you and your dependants
- immigration rules for working in the UK during your studies
- visiting Schengen countries
- post study work visa options available to you
Find out more about the support international students have access to whilst studying with us.
Student Visa Support enquiries
Contact us through Student Connect