Advice and money
You might be experienced at managing your money already or this could be the first time that you have had to think about your finances, from paying rent to sorting out funding. Getting on top of your finances can feel a bit overwhelming, but there are lots of ways we can support you and still make sure you enjoy student life to the fullest.
We want to make sure that you make the most of your university experience, so we're on hand to help with top tips, advice and information on the practical issues such as: funding, money management, housing advice and visas while you study.
Bursaries, scholarships and money
We provide information about money management and financial wellbeing while being a student. This includes information about personal budgeting and help to identify any additional funding you could apply for such as:
We also administer the US Federal loan scheme within the university.
Student funding and advice
We are here to help you understand UK funding for all courses to ensure you get your full funding entitlement as a student. This includes:
- full-time and part-time
- undergraduate and postgraduate
- courses funded by the NHS
- year abroad
- placement year.
We’re on hand to help you with any difficulties you may have with funding bodies and if you encounter any problems, we may be able to liaise with your funding body to resolve these.
Student visa support
If you’re an international student, we provide bespoke guidance and information to support you settling into life in Cardiff. This includes:
- induction events and activities to help international students settle into life at Cardiff University and the UK more generally
- UKVI immigration rules/conditions on your Student Visa (Tier 4 (General) and Short Term study visa) including the implications of making a change to study (eg, withdrawal, interruption of study, transfer)
- EU Settlement Scheme (EUSS) and EU student visa options post Brexit
- submitting visa extension applications for students and their dependants
- immigration rules for working in the UK during your studies
- visiting Schengen countries
- post study work visa options available to international students.
Where to find us
We are based in the Centre for Student Life (Cathays Campus).
Our friendly team offers both in-person and online support, and we have bookable appointments available during weekdays to help support you and provide free and impartial advice.
Appointments can be booked via the Student Connect Portal.
Get in touch
For help with US federal loans, please contact: