Advice and Money
We are dedicated to supporting you by offering practical advice on funding and other aspects of your student life.
We offer free, impartial, non-judgemental and confidential advice on a wide range of matters including:
- Funding available to students to study full-time, part-time and also NHS funding. If you encounter problems with your funding, we can help.
- We manage the University Scholarships and Bursaries for UK undergraduate students.
- Worried about managing your money at university? We can help with budgeting advice.
- If you’re claiming welfare benefits before coming to the University, we can advise on your entitlement while you are a student.
- We can advise on choosing accommodation and if you encounter problems with your accommodation.
- We help students with academic related issues such as supporting those who need to take time out from their course or who want to transfer to a different course and the financial implications of these decisions.
- We also offer dedicated support to students who have been in care, who are estranged from their family, student carers and asylum seekers.
You can come and see us at the Cathays Park Student Support Centre, at the Heath Park Campus and for Business School students only we have a dedicated adviser working in the Aberconway Building.