GW4 Clinical Academic Training Programme for Health Professionals (GW4-CAT HP)
Funded by the Wellcome Trust, the GW4-CAT HP programme offers exceptional health professionals and veterinary graduates the best in interdisciplinary research training at Bath, Bristol, Exeter and Cardiff Universities.
GW4-CAT HP follows up on the original GW4-CAT programme targeted towards clinical (Medical, Veterinary and Dental) graduate trainees. GW4-CAT HP is a three-year (full-time) PhD programme which provides exceptional support, training and guidance from world-leading academics and research environments, offering postgraduate training within a new cohort of clinical and health professionals, including Medical, Veterinary, Dental, Nursing, Midwifery and all Allied Health Professionals. Successful applicants have the opportunity to join one of over 50 world-leading research groups in population health, cardiovascular science, neuroscience, mental health, infection, immunity and repair, cancer or molecular cell biology, access to a wide range of core and specialist training modules to support your ambitions, plus exceptional individualised mentoring.
Your support, training and guidance will include the following:
- Generous funding for three years (full-time), which will include a clinical salary, tuition fees, and additional funds for consumables, training and travel
- Access to world-leading research groups and facilities
- Support from a member of the Board of Directors, including help in putting together a project proposal
- A clinical mentorship scheme
- An extensive range of cohort-specific training opportunities and access to the GW4 training network
- Flexible arrangements to PhD start dates and working patterns
The GW4-CAT HP programme is a collaboration between the ‘GW4’ institutions - the Universities of Bath, Bristol, Cardiff and Exeter.