Staff at Cardiff and Vale UHB, Velindre University NHS Trust and Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW)
You can join Cardiff University libraries if you are a member of staff of local NHS services.
Cardiff and Vale UHB and Velindre University NHS Trust staff, HEIW staff and Cardiff-based GPs are entitled to library membership and can access all of our services, resources and facilities (with the exception of Cardiff University network accounts and online access to Cardiff University e-resources).
The Velindre University NHS Trust Library also provides services to the Welsh Blood Service, NHS Wales Informatics Service, Tŷ Hafan, the Marie Curie Hospice (Cardiff and the Vale), and City Hospice.
Through this membership scheme you can:
- borrow up to 35 items from any Cardiff University library
- use LibrarySearch to find items in our library catalogue and to access your library account
- use the print journal collections with walk in access to our electronic resources (subject to licensing agreements)
- use the inter-library document supply for books and articles not available locally
- use photocopying facilities
- use the Cardiff and Vale UHB networked PCs, available in the Archie Cochrane Library, Brian Cooke Dental Library and the Health Library
- use the Velindre University NHS Trust networked PCs in the Velindre University NHS Trust Library
- use IT training rooms in the Archie Cochrane and Health libraries, which can be booked for group training sessions using internet resources
- 24/7 access to the Archie Cochrane Library and Health Library.
Our staff can assist with using databases, literature searching, systematic literature reviews and copyright.
Information skills training both individually and in groups can be arranged. Ask a member of library staff for further information.
How to join
Take your Cardiff and Vale UHB, Velindre University NHS Trust, or HEIW identity card and complete a registration form available in the libraries.
To have a library/ID card produced during your visit, go to the following libraries:
|Health Library||Monday to Friday 10:00-15:00|
|Senghennydd Library||Monday to Friday 09:00-21:00, Saturday 10:00-17:00 (during semester time)|
Monday to Friday 09:00-16:30 (during vacation time)
Alternatively, take a passport sized photograph to the following libraries:
|Health Library||Monday to Friday 08:30-10:00, 15:00-19:00, Saturday 09:00-17:00|
|Brian Cooke Dental Library||Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00|
|Archie Cochrane Library||Monday to Friday 09:00-17:00|
|Velindre University NHS Trust Library||Monday to Friday 08:30-16:30|