Other NHS Wales staff
We have a Community membership scheme for NHS Wales staff who aren't employed by Cardiff and Vale UHB, Velindre University NHS Trust or Health Education and Improvement Wales (HEIW).
Through this membership scheme you can:
- borrow up to six items at any one time from our two week and four week loan collections from any Cardiff University library
- chat to a member of library staff using our Ask a librarian live online chat service
- use LibrarySearch to find items in our library catalogue and to access your library account
- access some eResources via our walk-in access to eResources service using dedicated machines in the health libraries
- use the photocopying facilities.
You are welcome to visit the University libraries without joining and you will also have reference access to our collections.
If you are a member of an NHS Wales hospital library and wish to borrow a book not held in your library, please ask your home library to obtain the book for you.
How to join
To join as an NHS member you will need to apply for a library card. These are issued at the following times and locations:
|Senghennydd Library||Monday to Friday 09:00 - 21:00, Saturday 10:00 - 17:00 (during semester time)|
Monday to Friday 09:00 - 16:30 (during vacation time).
|Health Library||Monday to Friday 10:00 - 15:00 (please contact the Health Library before visiting to check that ID card service is available)|
Please complete and bring a membership form:
Please bring your NHS identity card as proof of employment.
Once you have joined Cardiff University libraries, you will be able to access your library account on LibrarySearch by signing in using the 'Community Members' option.