Guizhou University delegates arrive for 4-month Innovative Teaching Practice Programme
21 Medi 2018
Cardiff University welcomes delegation of 10 Chinese academics from Guizhou University for a bespoke Innovative Teaching Practice Programme.
Supported by the CPD Unit, delivered by academic staff across the Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences College and led by Emmajane Milton - the programme has been designed and developed to enhance delegates' advanced understanding in relation to higher education innovative teaching practices in the UK.
The programme also includes an English language programme and observation opportunities relevant to the delegates' own specialist disciplines.
The objectives of the training programme are to develop:
- a sound understanding of aspects of Cardiff University’s approach to learning, teaching and pedagogical practice in the AHSS College
- an understanding of a range of teaching strategies and how innovative technologies can be used to support learning and teaching
- an increasing awareness of how inclusive practices are used to support diverse students’ needs at Cardiff University
- an understanding of curriculum design and its relationship to assessment to support progress and engagement of students
- skills to reflect on professional practice in teaching.
Emmajane Milton said;
"We're delighted to welcome the new delegates to Cardiff University, and look forward to a productive and exciting 16-week programme. Cardiff University has a well-established relationship with China, working together on many projects for both student exchange and research collaboration. This bespoke programme will provide our delegates with an excellent understanding of a variety of approaches to learning and teaching in Cardiff University's Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences College."
Emmajane has recently been selected for a prestigious national award in recognition of her work focused on learning and teaching.
The Innovative Teaching Practice Programme is a great example of the bespoke work that Cardiff University can offer. Cardiff University has a dedicated CPD Unit, with experts who can work with your business or organisation to create unique training plans to suit your specific requirements. We work across all Colleges at the University and can help you develop a programme, whatever discipline you work in.
Find out more about our bespoke provision here, and if you would like to speak to one of our friendly team to find out more, please do get in touch!