Coach collection service
Mae'r cynnwys hwn ar gael yn Saesneg yn unig.
Last updated: 24/09/2021 09:10
We're offering a free coach collection service for international students in autumn 2021.
London Heathrow Airport
A meet and greet service will be waiting for you by the Costa Coffee in Terminal 5 Arrivals. The service will be available on the following dates:
|Dates||Suitable for||Departure times|
|Friday 10 September||Private accommodation||09:00 / 12:00 (midday) / 15:00|
|Monday 13 September||Private accommodation||09:00 / 12:00 (midday) / 15:00|
|Wednesday 15 September||Private accommodation||09:00 / 12:00 (midday) / 15:00|
|Friday 17 September||Private accommodation||11:00 / 15:00|
|Monday 20 September||Private accommodation||11:00 / 15:00|
|Wednesday 22 September||Private / University accommodation||09:00 / 12:00 (midday) / 15:00|
|Friday 24 September||Private / University accommodation||11:00 / 15:00|
|Monday 27 September||Private / University accommodation||11:00 / 15:00|
The coaches will leave at the advertised times and will not wait for you. Please ensure you give up to 3 hours between your flight landing and the coach departure time to allow for passage through immigration and time to get to Terminal 5. The latest collection time will be 15:00.
It takes approximately 3 hours in a coach from London Heathrow to Cardiff. You will be dropped off directly at your halls of residence. If you are a returning student and are saying in a shared privately rented house (separate from the University or private accommodation), you may be required to take a taxi from Museum Avenue by University Main Building.
Coach capacity will be limited to 50%, with social distancing in place. Students will not be able to sit next to one another on the journey, and face masks will be mandatory (unless you are medically exempt). Safety measures will be in place, but please ensure you bring own face mask and anti bacterial hand sanitizer.
How to book
For inquiries about bookings please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Bookings will close 48 hours before the date of travel.
Terms and conditions of coach collection
- If you are feeling unwell or showing symptoms of Covid-19, please do not travel. If you are feeling unwell before getting onto the coach, please alert the meet and greet team, or the driver as soon as possible – alternatively please email email@example.com
- The Coach Collection service is free, and open to both new and returning international students.
- Drivers are unable to wait for passengers beyond the advertised departure time. If you are late or unable to make the coach, and there is not another University designated coach available, you will be required to make alternative travel arrangements.
- All coaches will be operating at 50% capacity, with social distancing measures in place for your journey. This will ensure greater safety and comfort whilst travelling.
- Please ensure you bring a mask, which should be worn for the duration of the journey, and please bring antibacterial hand sanitizer.
- If you are travelling with your spouse/partner and / or children please email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Due the 50% capacity limits, we are unable to support other extended family members on our service. Other extended family members will have to travel separately using public transport, as space on our coaches is limited due to COVID-19 safety measures.
- You will be limited to bringing two suitcases to be stored in the coach hold, and a piece of hand luggage (i.e. a rucksack, handbag, laptop bag). If you arrive at the airport with more than the advertised amount of luggage, you will be asked to board the coach last, and if there is not enough space for your luggage, you might be required to make alternative travel arrangements to Cardiff.
- Cardiff University does not take responsibility for lost luggage. Please check you have all your possessions with you before getting on the coach and on leaving the coach. If you do discover you have lost luggage or personal items after travelling please alert a staff member who has helped you travel at the earliest convenience, otherwise please email email@example.com
- Wherever possible the coach driver will try to drop you off at the closest point to your term-time accommodation. However if traffic, road changes and / or the size of the coaches do not permit this, you may be dropped off nearby, or might have to use alternative means to reach your accommodation.
- If you are a returning student and are staying in a private house which is not owned either by the University or private hall providers, you will be required to get off the coach at Museum Avenue (by University Main Building) and you will be required to arrange alternative travel to your accommodation (from Museum Avenue).
- Please remain seated on the vehicle at all times unless instructed otherwise.
- There are no planned breaks on routes between London Heathrow and the City of Cardiff.
- Cardiff University reserves the right to change collection dates / times based on student demand, and external factors such tightening of travel restrictions, changes in Government guidance and University policy.
- If you no longer need to use this service or if you have any questions relating to airport collections please email firstname.lastname@example.org
What to bring
You will be limited to a maximum of two suitcases per person to be stored in the coach hold and one piece of hand luggage. These restrictions are in place because COVID-19 safety protocols mean that University staff members will not be able to handle your luggage. We also have limited storage space on the coaches that will transport you to Cardiff.
Travelling with your spouse/children
If you are travelling with your spouse/partner and children please email email@example.com
Any other family members or friends will have to travel separately to you using public transport as space on our coaches is limited due to COVID-19 safety measures.
Alternative travel options
If you're not able to make the dates advertised above, there are a number of alternative options available to travel to Cardiff.
National Express discount
You are also eligible to get a 20% discount on the National Express if you are unable to use the University's collection service.
English Language Programme students
If you are an English Language Programme student and you are coming to study in Cardiff in either July or August you will receive information about a specific collection service shortly.
If you have any questions about the coach collection service, please email us along with your student number and use the subject title: Coach Collection 2021.
Coach collection service