PgDip in Architecture: Professional Practice (RIBA/ARB Part 3)
You will acquire an in-depth understanding of the legal and economic aspects of architectural practice and construction procurement along with the related skills necessary to practice effectively on entry into the architectural profession.
The programme is taught by blended learning methods including regular online seminars and tutorials, supplemented by short on-site courses while students are working in practice.
This qualification is prescribed by the Architects Registration Board (ARB) and is accredited by the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) at Part 3 Level.
This programme is led by Professor Sarah Lupton, a well known author of specialist books for practitioners such as ‘Design Liability in the Construction Industry’ and her popular series on standard form building contracts.
Sarah is dual qualified as an architect and as a lawyer, and is a Chartered Arbitrator and adjudicator. Her strong links with industry including as Liability Champion for the Construction Industry Council) and involvement in practice (as a partner in Lupton Stellakis architects) ensure that this Part 3 programme explores cutting edge topics, whilst retaining a strong practical grounding.
Short course dates
The PgDip in Architecture: Professional Practice short courses will be held on the following dates:
- 8-11 October 2019
- 9-10 January 2020
- 17-20 March 2020
Part-time students: Year 1
- 8-11 October 2019
- 17-18 March 2020
Part-time students: Year 2
- 14-15 January 2021
- 23-24 March 2021
- Based on acclaimed research expertise within the Welsh School of Architecture and run by a leading author and expert in the field.
- Study while you work in practice; this course is taught by distance learning and short courses, where the emphasis is on workshops and group working.
- Available as a one year full-time or two year part-time qualification.
- Benefit from a small cohort size, individual tutoring and a wide variety of expert speakers and topics covered.
- Assessment is conducted via a wide variety of written assignments, no examinations.
- Supported by an active alumni network.
How to apply
For more information on course content, structure, fees and how to apply, please visit our PgDip in Architecture: Professional Practice course information page.
Our course is accredited by:
- Telephone:+44 (0)29 2087 4430