MDA and DPP short courses take place online
31 March 2020
This academic year’s third and last short courses for the Master of Design Administration (MDA) and the Diploma Professional Practice (Part 3) (DPP) of the Welsh School of Architecture, Cardiff University took place last week, followed this week by individual tutorials.
Despite the last-minute change from on-site to on-line, the courses were delivered almost exactly as planned, and fully attended. They included seminars with full interaction between speaker and students, and virtual workshops with break out groups.
Many thanks to the students for their unwavering enthusiasm and to all our guest speakers for their excellent talks:
- Ann Bentley, Rider Levett Bucknall
- Professor Stephen Brookhouse, University of Westminster
- Martin Davis, Synopsis Ltd
- Paolo Ettore Giana, Kings College London
- Michael Holmes, Michael Holmes Consultancy
- Howard Lewis-Nunn, Barrister
- Monica Cherry Veal, Crest Nicholson plc
We received some very positive feedback from participants:
"Both sessions have been excellent, thank you! From a 'stay at home’ perspective, they have worked very well and have been very easy to engage with."(Student)
"It was great to take part - thank you. I hope the students found the lecture useful and i know they will have appreciated the effort that you both put into running it. Well done!" (Speaker)